NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:56 pm 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Hi.

I was given rights to continue The Invasion 3 (which used to be lead by SuperMario7). He became inactive so reghrhre gave the project to me. As you all know, progress has been pretty steady: world 1 and 2 are almost done and world 3 was started. First, I'd like to reassemble the old team of project moderators. After that, we'll host level designer tryouts (again) and start working on the project.

If you were a project moderator please post in this topic and let me know. I'll update it frequently!

World 1
All World 1 levels have been approved except for ConXus' level

1-1 Precious Paradise by Kyo
1-2 Embarking Adventure by reghrhre
1-3 Cave Rave by Ace
1-4 Veggie Valley by Pseudo-dino
1-5 Tidal Transition by SuperMario7
1-6 Sunset Shore by SuperMario7
1-7 Wavy Waterway by ElTipsa
1-8 Bright Blue Beach by sezixor
1-9 Seaside Stronghold by Kyo
1-Invasion Misty Airfleet designed by Conellossus/ConXus
1-B Bonus Wheel by Kyo

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/download/l8kl ... f98/W1.zip

World 2
2-1 Vanilla Tops by Darkonius64
2-2 Precipice Pikes by sezixor

2-3 Pitchblack Pothole by Natsu and Jarckius
2-4 Mystic Rocks by Shinbison
2-5 Turbulent Trench by sezixor
2-6 Subconian Subaqueous by Zant

2-7 Ghostly Grotto by SuperMario7
2-8 Valhalla Vessels Wreck by Sux
2-9 Caliginous Caverns by SuperMario7p

2-10 Unclaimed (Cave Dungeon)
2-Invasion Airfleet Burrows by Natsu

Superscription:

2ddf25: Approved
0c44f7: Done
e77114: Claimed
ff0000: Unclaimed

Download Link for world 2 levels: http://www.mediafire.com/download/32bsm ... orld+2.zip

World 3
3-1 Arenaceous Sands (Desert) by Natsu
3-2 Mirage Oasis (Oasis) by Shinbison
3-3 Slurry Subsoil (Desert/Cave) by Beyond
3-4 (Desert/Pyramid) - Claimed by Sednaiur, no idea if he finished it though so you'd have to ask him
3-5 (Canyon) - Claimed by ElTipsta, no idea if he finished it though so you'd have to ask him
3-6 Ghostly Gorge (Canyon/Ghost House) by Beyond
3-7 Temple Skyway (Desert Temple/Sky) by ConXus
3-Invasion (Airship/Woods/Desert) - Claimed by SnifitGuy69, never finished.

Level Designer Application Thread (Original Post)
Spoiler: show
Kyo wrote:
Due to the immense amount of claims by users whose level designing skills are completely unknown for the community, we came to the conclusion of implementing a claimer restriction system. Don't worry, we are not going to accept only top-notch level designers, it is supposed to be a community project which is why designers that are not the best ones of all are accepted. Anyway, now you can not claim a level like you could, as it will just cause unnecessary procrastination when you are completely new to level designing and your level gets most likely declined because of too less level designing experience. I am going to explain the system I am talking about now.

You need a permission to claim a level, and to get that permission you have to apply and leave the download of one of your levels. It does not matter which level it is, whether it was already released, or an old one, anything is accepted. Then a project moderator is going to test it and tell you if are qualified for designing levels for this episode or not. Once you have passed, your name will be added to this topic and you are allowed to submit a level from now on.

For information, the current level designers are not revoked immediately. SuperMario7 PM'd them and they have to show within two days progress, and if they don't do that, their level will be marked as unclaimed. The contributors of the first world are added here, except me as I don't plan on contributing to this project. Anyway, here is the list of all approved level designers so far:

reghrhre
    Pseudo-dino
    SuperMario7
    ElTipsta
    sezixor
    BloodElf300
    Sednaiur
    Aeon
    Wind
    Dusk Blade
    PaperPlayerX
    Kep
    Ace
    Christmas Star
    ConXus
    Darkonius64
    Beyond
    Sux
    Shinbison-Kof
    SnifitGuy69
    Kingbowser112

Level Standards
SuperMario7 wrote:
This episode is supposed to be the greatest of all time, so the acceptance standard is very high. Here are some guidelines on what the levels should look like, and it will be the duty of the project moderators to ensure that the levels fit these standards:

1. Levels must be well-designed. This means that the design should have a variety of sections and gimmicks (that variety being determined upon which world the level will be featured in).

2. Levels must be graphically pleasing. So that means no clash.  Custom graphics are not required, but recommended to keep the levels looking fresh and new all the time.

3. Project mods will say if your music choices are acceptable or not. So if you have a soundtrack that is too long, you'll need to shorten it. If you have an unnecessary amount of music, some may need to be removed. Try to keep the music below 3 mintues, and make sure you only use multiple soundtracks if the first soundtrack doesn't fit in a certain section.

4. Levels need to match the theme of the world. That means that if you're designing a level for a cave world, make a cave level. Of course you can expand upon the theme.  Like you could add the theme of lava to your cave level, to make it a lava/cave level.

5. Levels need to match the difficulty of the world. So if you have a W1 level to make, be sure that it is easy. If you have a later world level to make, be sure it is more difficult.

6. Levels will need to be approved by at least 3 project moderators to be accepted into the episode. If you make a level that has no hope of being accepted even with all errors improved, you have one chance to redo it. If it needs to be restarted a second time, you no longer have dibs on that level. You can claim a different level, however, and start again.

7. You need to post proof or progress (a screenshot) after one week of claiming a level. If proof is not shown within a week, you will be messaged by a project moderator, as well as given a reminder on the level topic. If you fail to respond in a few days, the level will become unclaimed again.

8. Levels must include 5 dragon coins and a SMB3 roulette exit. The dragon coins should be placed in places that are not too easy but still achievable for inexperienced players. Secret exits will be a SMW key exit.

Sorry about any spelling/grammar errors or if I left anything out.I just kind of rushed through this to get it out there and I'll be going back over it.

World List
Raster wrote:
1. Sunbaked Stroll (Grass/Beach) [completed]
2. Gloomy Grotto (Cave)
3. Desolated Dunes (Desert)
4. Fearsome Forest (Forest/Jungle)
5. Azure Arctic (Ice/Snow)
6. Infernal Industry (Volcano/Factory)
7. Horror Hilltop (Ghost/Mountain)
8. Abominable Asteroids (Ghostly Space)
9. Surreal Star (Bonus)

Project Moderators
- Sux
- Valtteri
- Zlakerboy357
- sezixor
- ConXus
- SuperMario7

Here are some screenshots of the levels:

Last edited by Raster on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:55 am, edited 22 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:21 pm 
Eerie
Eerie

I was a project moderator for this over at SMBX:R, but unfortunately, I've lost interest in The Invasion 3 and won't be contributing anymore. I may change my mind about this, though.

You can't ever be as agile as a plumber.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

elitalianoverde wrote:
Yeah no one was more depressed than Kep, believe me, I also was a little sad, but i've managed to get my post count back.

Even these days, one month later, still people here consider me a posting *****.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:25 pm 
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Can I be Project Moderator ( like in the past )?
I concern myself with that, and I have strived very.
Thanks to revive this :D

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:31 pm 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Sux wrote:
Can I be Project Moderator ( like in the past )?
I concern myself with that, and I have strived very.
Thanks to revive this :D

Of course, Sux. Welcome to the team!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:44 pm 
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Great! I was a Project Moderator before, but I'm currently working on SMWCX (SMWC's SMBX collaboration) so I won't moderate levels anymore. I'll see if I can submit a level or two, though!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:57 pm 
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

I remember than Project Moderator are six:

1- SuperMario7
2- Beyond
3- Natsu
4- sezixor
5- Aeon
6- Me

But I think than now some users can't be PM ( how Aeon )

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:08 pm 
Rex
Rex

I would like to be a moderate, as I was one on the previous forum. However, I won't be able to be all that active for the next week or so because of school finishing up.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:11 pm 
Ripper II
Ripper II

Location: In an underground bunker, filled with food and dildos.
Sux wrote:
I remember than Project Moderator are six:

1- SuperMario7
2- Beyond
3- Natsu
4- sezixor
5- Aeon
6- Me

But I think than now some users can't be PM ( how Aeon )

I was one, too remember?

I hope you still have my levels as I can't make anymore. I still have them saved so ask me for them and I will send them to you again. Glad to see this is being revived. :D

Come join my drawing contest: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2525
Judging starts now, no more participants allowed to join from now on.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:43 pm 
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Yeah Conellossus, sorry I forgotten.
And I question to Raster, You are choosing new PMs? ( since Valtteri and zlakerboy were not in the old forum )

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:09 pm 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Will the world map be revised by someone else? If so, I'd like to be the candidate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next