NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:18 pm 
Grinder
Grinder

So, many people on the IRC should be aware of the existence of this Collab Project I decided to start long ago, but couldn't post it until levels for the Community Contest were sent since it wouldn't get too much attention. This is basically a Collab Project which shall house many characters with sprites representing ourselves. All of them live on many towns around the world map, and we get the chance to meet them while we explore it.

Explanation and Hiring
Like I said, this project will house all of us as secondary characters, but for that we need sprites, that's when a new hiring spot opens for public. We need people who offers to help making these sprites as people that would like to appear in this project wants to look like. In case you would like to help, just post and I may add you to the list. There will only be three spots free for people to join as sprite designer. For those who already have a sprite of themselves and would like to submit it to look like it, PM me so I'll be saving them on my computer.

List of Sprite Designers:
    • Emral
    • none
    • none

List of Elects to Main Antagonist:
    • Valtteri - Winner
    • FanofSMBX - Failed
    • SMBXxer - Failed
    • Fujiwara no Mokou - Retired

List of Elects to Four Kings:
    • Emral - Winner
    • Bomber57 - Winner
    • 8bitmushroom - Winner
    • Blueoak - Winner

• Darkonius - Failed
    • ElTipsta - Failed
    • SuperWingedYoshi - Failed
    • Fujiwara no Mokou - Failed
    • FanofSMBX - Failed
    • sleepy - Failed
    • Raster - Failed

List of Nominated users to Main Antagonist's 7 Sidekicks:
    • Murphmario - 3 votes (Nominated)
    • Darkonius Mavakar - 3 votes (Nominated)
    • Ice - 3 votes (Nominated)
    • Elsa - 3 votes (Nominated)
    • ElTipsta - 3 votes (Nominated)
    • SuperWingedYoshi - 3 votes (Nominated)
    • sleepy - 4 votes (Nominated)

• SMBXxer - Failed
    • SparkleYoshiFan - Failed
    • Fujiwara no Mokou - Failed

Judges!
I'm going to be honest with you all, I don't have any judges for this Collab Project yet, which is the main reason why I decided to post this a little earlier to try to hire some. People are free to join as Judges for this Collab Project as long as they can provide the very least of two decent level reviews. These level reviews shall be analysed by me, and I shall grant the final verdict after reading them and playing through it respective levels. I will admit up to 6 level judges, no more since I don't think that would be strictly necessary.

List of Level Judges:
    • Emral
    • MECHDRAGON777

• none
    • none
    • none
    • none

Time for Designing Stuff!
And now, since this project won't be just plain elections, I'm going to explain how will the level/world map submission system will be. People are free to submit levels for this project by now, but having in mind their levels will be displayed for W1, so keep in mind that the difficulty and theme should fit for it. W1 is a Grassland/Lake themed world, so please try to stick with those themes for your levels.

Levels shall stick with the following format:
    • It MUST have 5 Dragon Coins. Since there are people that might want to place Dragon Coins I'd rather ask as a requirement the placement of such instead of having some levels without them.
    • The level exit MUST be a SMB3 Roulette. Secret Exits shall be handled with the SMW Exit.
    • In case you'd like to make a SMW level, keep in mind to use SMB3 recolored graphics as this project will be entirely SMB3 styled/recolored.
    • The use of LunaDLL is NOT allowed. You may not use it for any of your levels as some people have trouble trying to install LunaDLL or simply applying it to play other levels/projects.

As long as your level follows this format, any other addition is allowed. You may use different graphics for your Dragon Coins as well.

Once you're done with any level you have finished, send it to me and I shall send it to all the Judges. Keep in mind that I won't be accepting levels until we get all spots filled, so I'd thank those who do not send any level to me just yet.

List of Worlds (Bosses and Kings)
Spoiler: show
W1 - Art Board Plains (The Place where creativity blooms) - Grassland/Lake

King: 8bitmushroom
Sidekick: sleepy

W2 - Sandbox Desert (The Place where rigged storms reign) - Desert/Canyon

Sidekick: ElTipsta

W3 - Introduction Coast (The place where deparetures and meetings happen) - Beach/Harbour

King: Emral
Sidekick: Ice

W4 - Video Game Amazon (The place where adventures begin ...) - Forest/Swamp/Poison

Sidekick: SuperWingedYoshi

W5 - SuperMarioBrosX.org (The urbanized metropolis) - Factory/City/Cybernetic

King: Bomber57
Sidekick: Murphmario

W6 - Fan Fiction Peak (The place where the mystical chants freeze) - Ruin/Mountain/Snow

Sidekick: Elsa

W7 - General Badlands (The place where discussions happen ...) - Deadland/Badland

King: Blueoak
Sidekick: Darkonius Mavakar

W8 - Volcanic Banlist (The place of the Final Showdown ...) - Volcano/Mountain/Sky

Final Boss: Valtteri

WS - Starry Chatroom (The place where people smile ...) - Star/Night/AllThemes

Additional Boss: Reserved

W1 - Art Board Plains
NOTE: Levels in Green are already finished levels. Levels in Orange are levels in development by someone who took it. And levels in Red are levels open for public to design.
1-1 Green Grass Lakeside - By SMBXxer
1-2 Curmudgeon Cavern - By Aeon Wisp
1-3 Seawater Seabed - By Ice
1-F Moving Pillar Citadel - By MECHDRAGON777
1-5 Grassy Highlands - By Murphmario
1-6 Apple Fields - By Emral
1-7 Lakitu Lakeside - By HealthyMario
1-C Sleepy's Castle - By Christian07

Levels Sent 0/8

Credits to Gintoki for making these signatures.

Join my forum: http://smbxcontribution.prophpbb.com/

Last edited by Natsu on Sat May 24, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 90 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:24 pm 
Ripper II
Ripper II

reghrhre for antagonist!!!!! his sexyness pisses off mario so mario goes to kill him

Join me and Gohan's forum!
Click here to join!

IRC Quotes
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

<Legend-tony980> GhostHawk, what is a bot?
<GhostBot> a user without a soul

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:27 pm 
Grinder
Grinder

How funny would it be to have raocow as antagonist, considering Valtteri kinda delivered the message that talkhaus is shit.

We could have Valtteri as the main antagonist for the exact same reason, being his hate on everything talkhaus. Maybe this hate spreaded?

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:40 pm 
Grinder
Grinder

I should have specified, my bad. I won't be adding users that don't speak for themselves as that could produce some problem afterwards, so those that would like to run as main antagonists shall speak for themselves, sorry for the trouble and hope you understand.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:58 pm 
Grinder
Grinder

Bumpity-Bump-Bump!

Emral successfully joined the Project Judges, and decided to ran as one of the Four Kings along Bomber57

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:03 pm 
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

The evil villain Murphmario broke his 3ds. He become so angry that he decided to take over the world. And Mario has to stop him.

Murphmario resides in his Star Cruiser, which is very big and has a wooping 2000 rooms. It also has LOADS of security systems.

Roleplay: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2302
I support:

Lol, this is when Mega Man gets serious:

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:49 pm 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

For the villain, I would like to vote: Kyasarin.
(Three of the evil Kings were looking for a fourth, and they came across the grave of the diabolical banman, Kyasarin)

Also, could I design the world map?

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:00 pm 
Grinder
Grinder

People are free to design any world map, but keep in mind anything you guys design might not be in this project as I still have not planned what to do with the world map. Besides, we're still planning the roles for each user, so any topic relevant to the designing of the world map won't interest me for the moment.

Also, you can't vote for someone else until that someone decides to run as the Main Villain. And, there won't be any evil kings, but one and only antagonist.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:10 pm 
Pokey
Pokey

I already informed Natsu of this on the IRC, but I am running for one of the kings.

Living explosives, prone to destroying themselves along with their enemies with their powerful "Self-Destruct." Bombs take the rage built up by being attacked and transform it into energy. This, in turn, makes them grow, sometimes to incredible sizes.

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:13 pm 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

I vote Valtteri for the main villain. (With his Frozen DVD getting all scratched up driving him to the brink of insanity, Valtteri sends the kingdom into chaos.)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59  Next