NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:18 pm 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Yes, this was wrong, the staff learned from their mistakes and they won't do that again. I think Joey made that pretty clear.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:19 pm 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Intellectual-Panda wrote:
You're missing the point. What he's saying is that he worked hard to try and get as many votes as possible (which he kinda did) and you just brushed it off and elected your own mods anyway. I've got nothing against Kley and GhostHawk, but people are pissed because you made a poll for the members to elect one new mod and you made your own judgements instead. I can't really speak without repeating what the others have said in a better way.

Politicians spend millions of dollars and work very hard for their campaign. Most don't get elected.

This could be related to hypothetical situations - for example, say if an election for a new political party was underway (much like it will be here next year) and, I dunno, liberals got the most votes from the public, but the Govt. says "yeah... we kinda... we thought the other one would be better so.. we sorta just empowered that one."
I get that these are different situations (hence I said hypothetical), but if the people want something and a poll is put in place for these kind of things then it only seems logical to follow the poll's outcome. Stop acting like the world is against you for no reason. You made a mistake and you're dodging it.

That would be the government intervening where they shouldn't. I said from the beginning that the final decision was going to be made by the admins. Kley was, also, only trailing by 4 votes in the poll, so it's not like we promoted somebody who didn't receive close to the same support from the community. We have also already said that the voting system was flawed, as people began to vote for their friends and stuff. We got the top five, and then picked which ones we wanted. That's pretty much what we said we'd do.

Spoiler: show

I said "thank you for your opinions" to Knux because he was expecting us to do what he said.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:44 pm 
Ripper II
Ripper II

I'm only really annoyed because you did exactly what everyone expected in the end instead of what the rest of the community wanted - picked the two people who had been in the community the longest. I wouldn't have cared if you picked Natsu - he had the most votes, he should have won over me. But instead neither of us get a chance as the completely expected happens, despite the hopes of the community that you all might actually listen for once.

Imagerofl

KNUX'S FORUM IS BACK IN BUSINESS FRIENDS

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:13 pm 
Grinder
Grinder

Raster wrote:
Yes, this was wrong, the staff learned from their mistakes and they won't do that again. I think Joey made that pretty clear.

And I spent the entire time warning Joey not to do this and he ignored me.

He should listen to me. I've made these mistakes.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:17 pm 
Bit
Bit

Knux wrote:
Raster wrote:

And I spent the entire time warning Joey not to do this and he ignored me.

He should listen to me. I've made these mistakes.

Well, you know..

Joey wrote:
I don't often take what Knux says heavily into consideration because a lot of it can relate back to his decisions as an administrator.

<Joey> you want a dickpic

<pixels> "UHNH! OH YEAH! LOCK THAT THREAD!"

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:56 pm 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I can't think of any of your mistakes that is equivalent to this, Knux, but feel free to share.

Also, once we started this it would've been a much worse idea to quit.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:53 am 
Eerie
Eerie

Joey wrote:

...Why? You even admitted it was a mistake to have this election, and now you're saying that it would have been a bad idea to quit? That's contradictory, Joey.

You can't ever be as agile as a plumber.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

elitalianoverde wrote:
Yeah no one was more depressed than Kep, believe me, I also was a little sad, but i've managed to get my post count back.

Even these days, one month later, still people here consider me a posting *****.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:25 am 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Kep wrote:
Joey wrote:

...Why? You even admitted it was a mistake to have this election, and now you're saying that it would have been a bad idea to quit? That's contradictory, Joey.

That's not contradictory at all. If we just stopped the entire election and said "sorry this was a bad idea", we would've taken a lot more heat.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:29 am 
Grinder
Grinder

Joey wrote:
If we just stopped the entire election and said "sorry this was a bad idea", we would've taken a lot more heat.

The majority were telling you to do that. You made it worse for yourself. You should have quit.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:42 am 
Blooper
Blooper

Blueoak wrote:
I'm only really annoyed because you did exactly what everyone expected in the end instead of what the rest of the community wanted - picked the two people who had been in the community the longest. I wouldn't have cared if you picked Natsu - he had the most votes, he should have won over me. But instead neither of us get a chance as the completely expected happens, despite the hopes of the community that you all might actually listen for once.

........I don't think kley's been a part if the community all that long? I may be wrong....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next