NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:32 am 
Eerie
Eerie

The event has ended! Thank you to all that participated, and I hope you had a good time! I hope to see you in the next call, so see you then!

We have a possible date set! March 16th, on a Sunday. If anyone is interested in that date, let us know, if not, we'll have to plan something next month!

Before I can invite anyone to the group, you're going to need to add me as a contact. Just search "dannybud99" and I should come up as Syndrilevosse™

Well, if you didn't remember (or you weren't there), back sometime in 2013 when Knux's Forums were still active, reghrhre and I set up a big Skype group meetup. I didn't expect it to be as busy as it was, and everyone had loads of fun with it! I'm wondering here if anyone would be interested in attending to a 2nd OFFICIAL group meetup?

I discovered that you can only have a total of 25 users in a single group call at one time, so we're either going to have to have a low amount of people in the call at a time, or find an alternative. If you were there for the first meetup, would you be interested in doing it again, and if you're new, would you be interested in participating?

I recommend having a microphone at the least so you can communicate with us the way Skype is supposed to be used. I'll be potentially hosting the call, and reghrhre is the only other person I know of that would be willing to attend. If you don't have a microphone, you can just listen if you would like to hear my sweet voice.

Is anyone interested in this? If so, just let me know what day/time people would be interested in it happening, what we should potentially discuss, stuff like that.

Attendees
Spoiler: show
1. Syndrilevosse - Attending
2. reghrhre - Attending
3. Snow Luigi Revamped - Attending
4. h2643 - Possibly Attending
5. zlakerboy357 - Attending
6. Drluigi - Attending
7. Pyromaniac22 - Attending
8. Dakras - Attending
9. Valtteri - Attending
10. Namyrr - Possibly Attending
11. Joey - Possibly Attending
12. smwforever45 - Attending
13. Pseudo-Dino - Possibly Attending
14. Ragont - Possibly Attending
15. turtwig1123
16. StrikeForcer - Attending
17. KILROCK - Attending
18. Quill - Attending

"8bit you either care for this community and try to make it better, or you continue to blow things out of proportions and make an ass out of yourself insulting anyone you disagree with. YOU CAN'T DO BOTH. STOP TRYING TO." ― DarkMatt
"Danny is the original DarkMatt Jr." ― DarkMatt
"danny do you have any social skills at all" ― Knux
"you want a dickpic" ― Joey
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by 8bitmushroom on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 32 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:36 am 
Ripper II
Ripper II

I think I'll join there.

IRC Quotes and Quotes to remember:
== broadband was kicked from #teatime by Gohan [eww broadband]
100 is important because its after 99.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:39 am 
Eerie
Eerie

Luigifan400 wrote:
I think I'll join there.

Just remember that we're limited to 24 people in the group at a time, and I want to try and give as many people a chance to join the group as possible. The first meetup we had lasted about 8 hours, so this one could span for longer or shorter periods of time, opening up time for people to join. We'll attempt to find a day, and I'll probably be up at 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time to start the call up. People are welcome to come and go as they please.

"8bit you either care for this community and try to make it better, or you continue to blow things out of proportions and make an ass out of yourself insulting anyone you disagree with. YOU CAN'T DO BOTH. STOP TRYING TO." ― DarkMatt
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:12 am 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Can I join?

IRC
My IRC channel at KottNet - #h2643, at FreeNode - #h2643 and at StarDustFields - #h2643
Join http://wiix.gamerz.co/, http://gametriangle.prophpbb.com/ and http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum!
My joke images: http://s122.photobucket.com/user/kxenas ... E%20IMAGES

<Knux> h2643 the super computer
redigit_is_cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:30 am 
Birdo
Birdo

I would love to join!

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over
<bossedit8> abuse nicely
Also known as Sock and Ice on the IRC.
Nintendo Network ID: zlakerboy357
Demo 2.1 is now finally released for my project.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:22 pm 
Eerie
Eerie

Alright, I'm going to throw a spoiler up on the OP listing all of the possible attendees. Also, don't forget to specify any dates you think we should actually start the call, as it would be helpful figuring out when you're available.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:47 pm 
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

So, I'm guessing we'll have these every couple months? I'm glad this is becoming a thing because we're slowly becoming more than just text on a screen. You start to see people differently when you hear their voices, and verbal communication shows more personality than just text. It's a really good way to get to know the community better. Also, in case you're wondering, Pyromaniac22 is an IRL friend of mine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:58 pm 
Eerie
Eerie

Drluigi wrote:
So, I'm guessing we'll have these every couple months? I'm glad this is becoming a thing because we're slowly becoming more than just text on a screen. You start to see people differently when you hear their voices, and verbal communication shows more personality than just text. It's a really good way to get to know the community better. Also, in case you're wondering, Pyromaniac22 is an IRL friend of mine.

I would like to have an official one at least either every quarter of the year (We're in Q1 of 2014 right now). It is nice to actually do Skype chats once in a while, because it really is more than just text on a screen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:43 pm 

I'll join one and probably won't stay long, that way other people who want to can join in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:45 pm 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I might pop by, but that would require me installing Skype.

As tacky as this sounds, I still have ooVoo installed and that can do video chats with multiple people. Though Skype is obviously more popular so whatever you guys want to do is fine.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next