NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:53 am 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

DarkMatt would make a fine moderator.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:06 pm 
Rex
Rex

I would as well :3 (nah you wouldn't accept me)

TEPIGS FOR LIFE
YOSHIS FOR LIFE
HUGE TEXT FOR LIFE

current projects: Mega Mario Bros: Bowsers Last Attack (hard levels wanted)
I support: Image

and now, quotes:
[11:59] <Kyo> crusher169 entering the contest =O he'll crush us
[12:03] <TNTElsa> I can see him crushing lots of people
[22:31] <deadfish> crusher169: are you going to crush everyone in the contest btw
[08:56] <zlakerboy357> yeah if he said that he'd be crushed by you
[06:55] <castlewars> this person will crusher169 everyone in the contest
[15:22] <BTB> dont you dare fuck with crusher
[19:21] <deadfish> GET RAPED TONIGHT

my nicks on the IRC: crusher169, crush-o-tron169, wingedblueyoshi, flamingredyoshi and freezingcyanyoshi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:15 pm 
Pokey
Pokey

Joey wrote:

Agreed, but there are better candidates.

crusher169 wrote:
I would as well :3 (nah you wouldn't accept me)

You'd crush-ban us all.

NNID & Skype: Xx1Kyo (If you're going to send me a friend request in any of those, make sure I can recognize who you are or I'll decline.)
Correct pronouncement of my name: Key - o
<wingedblueyoshi> do you even logic

Since I am an attention-horny pig, I'll advertise my project in my signature from now on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:40 pm 
Pokey
Pokey

Is it possible to remove the IMG BBcode from reps? It's unnecessary, and a certain person had an inappropriate picture in a rep.

If you like putting things in your signature, put this line in your signature.

Check out my custom tilesets, and choose influence what I'll make next:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4048&p=50551#p50551

I support:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:10 am 
Grinder
Grinder

HenryRichard wrote:
Is it possible to remove the IMG BBcode from reps?
The IMG BBCode is already on this forum board by default (not added manualy) which means it can not really removed. Also we need them for posting SMBX Screenshots anyway. You can talk to other Members that they should not use these IMG that often just for reactionary Images instead of making Text Messages.

My YouTube Channel ~ bossedit8

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:26 am 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Joey wrote:

Yeah, I have to agree. He would make a good moderator.

bossedit8 wrote:
HenryRichard wrote:
Is it possible to remove the IMG BBcode from reps?
The IMG BBCode is already on this forum board by default (not added manualy) which means it can not really removed. Also we need them for posting SMBX Screenshots anyway. You can talk to other Members that they should not use these IMG that often just for reactionary Images instead of making Text Messages.

It probably could be removed by editing certain php files, though I'm not sure how or where one would start.

<huru> XerX is a banana

http://smbxr.x10.mx/ Come visit my forums for fangaming and Nintendo discussion!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:16 am 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

michel wrote:
Kyo wrote:
TNTtimelord wrote:
People, Joey is working on getting some new moderators in, a more active staff.

He should finally promote Natsu and Magician ffs. It's been time.

No, thank you. Last time they were mods at SMBX:R, nothing went well.

Oh yeah, it was totally all our fault.

Fault me for not being good enough, sure. At the very least, it wasn't for lack of a willingness to do a good job. I did regular badge checks to promote positivity, and I actively made suggestions on the staff forums (quite a few of which I KNOW were legitimately good ideas and I just had no one on my side or no one interested in implementing them). I was more willing to let discussions play out than others, and I tried to moderate by diligently looking for things that were inflammatory or likely to incite personal attacks, and when I did find something, I gave much smaller % warnings (or even no warning at all except for a verbal one) than anyone else did. I also regularly looked for reasons to remove warning levels from active users, knowing that I was trying to be a peacekeeper, not a policeman. Unlike some mods, I NEVER gave anyone a warning for criticizing staff or giving their opinion, ever. I know that's a low bar to set but I just want to be separated from a problem which I wasn't responsible for. For better or worse, I carefully thought out every decision I made, even my views about "useless posts" that had since changed when I decided I was being too strict.
The idea that "nothing went well" because we were mods is overly simplified, to the point that it reflects on your credibility. You were a staff member there yourself, and even an admin at one point, and you are aware of how the staff occasionally clashed with itself. With a better overall team I would have been a lot better as an individual. A LOT of things happened on that forum that I personally disagreed with and those things don't reflect on my ability to moderate, and I sure as shit wasn't surprised when Chad wanted his position removed and went off the radar shortly after, even though he didn't say anything about why until a while later. My motivation to participate as a regular moderator was drained, and I asked for a demotion as a result. I kind of wish Chad had stayed on because his voice with mine MIGHT have lead to better results, but I really don't blame him nonetheless.

Given recent events, I think something similar would happen for me here and I don't really want the position anymore anyway, but I just want to clear up why I feel that statement was kind of unfair.
Disclaimer: What I just said does not reflect my opinion of the staff here. I have different reasons for feeling this way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:43 am 
Pokey
Pokey

You and Natsu have done a great job back then, and on NSMBX as well so it'd be great if you two could get a promotion. Also, not sure if I understand the last part. If Joey would ask you to become a moderator, would you decline? That'd be quite sad actually, especially because it sounds like you're saying, "if Chad isn't a staff member, I don't want the position either as my voice would go unheard when he isn't there". But yes, michel's statement was unfair and didn't even make sense, especially without hint on any justification,

NNID & Skype: Xx1Kyo (If you're going to send me a friend request in any of those, make sure I can recognize who you are or I'll decline.)
Correct pronouncement of my name: Key - o
<wingedblueyoshi> do you even logic

Since I am an attention-horny pig, I'll advertise my project in my signature from now on.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:38 pm 
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Natsu and Magician seemed like they were pretty good moderators to me back on NSMBX (I missed out on Revived mostly but i trust they did a good job there as well). I'd support both of them being promoted again. Both of them seem like trustworthy people who care about the community.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:47 pm 
Grinder
Grinder

@Kyo: But isn't that what almost one person here would think? It's normal to have the feeling nobody would hear our words, I feel that all the time, but that doesn't mean it's true.

Generalizing, I'm not sure about becoming a moderator here. I wouldn't mind at all, but I just don't feel ready. My doubts wouldn't let me work properly here. Also, there's no guarantee I would be picked up, as I haven't done much here, and that's what matters the most. Besides, I feel there might be better candidates than me.

Credits to Gintoki for making these signatures.

Join my forum: http://smbxcontribution.prophpbb.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next