NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Secrets in SMBX
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:23 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

When playing around with a lava level, I soon discovered that by altering the Blargg's speed, it allowed him to jump further. There is also another, obvious secret as well, although more of a glitch, which involves having an upgraded form of the player duck and slide into an area, then release Down. The player slides straight out, opposite direction to the way they're facing. However, a lot of people know this secret.

Anyways, these were two secrets that I found with SMBX. This thread is for anyone that has discovered some secrets to do with SMBX.

THE GREAT CASTLE ADVENTURE (REMAKE!)

Visit and join my own forum, the Castlewars Forums. More members are needed.
Also, give this link a click to go to my YouTube channel. Subscribe if you want!

Remember, it's not about custom graphics in levels, it's about HOW YOU USE THEM.

Inactive from 25th of July to 31st of July due to holidaying in Greece.

Post subject: Re: Secrets in SMBX
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:20 pm 
Rex
Rex

If you freeze an NPC, and a moving platform (on background-71-74) catches it, the ice block will continue to move in that direction even when the platform changes direction.

Would you like to become part of the longest, most innovative and most ambitious project in SMBX history? Then follow Chaotic Culmination, Universe Rescuer!
Spoiler: show

If not, at least play the Sonic 3D Blast styled level and let me know what you think.

I also made this Mode 7 tech demo for SMBX; check it out: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1302

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2026

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:41 pm 
Lakitu
Lakitu

Although more of a bug than a secret, flying Paratroopas can be set to not jump by setting cliffturn=1. Other settings (Fly Horizontally and Vertically, and Chase) still work, though. This allows for real SMW Yellow Paratroopas.

"F*ck you Einstein! Let's make a level with water + lava!" ~FutureNyanCat2014, 05/05/14
FutureNyanCat2002: Big Fan of Valtteri Since 2013

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:53 pm 
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Let's turn these into a list!
5. If you set a Zelda 2 Tinsuit (the wolf knight) to cliffturn=1 it doesn't hop. You can make squishy Goombas! XD
6. The Grinder will always have one block's height out of the ground, no matter what height it is set to.
7. You can spinjump on a blooper when it is poking out of the water and destroy it. :O

Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:06 am 
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

well...
make a lakitu throw a podoboo and it will generate a kind of walking podoboo.

Join my forum now! It has a download link of all the older SMBX versions (from 1.0 to 1.2.1) along with a tutorial of how to use LunaDLL!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:05 am 
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

FutureNyanCat2014 wrote:
Although more of a bug than a secret, flying Paratroopas can be set to not jump by setting cliffturn=1. Other settings (Fly Horizontally and Vertically, and Chase) still work, though. This allows for real SMW Yellow Paratroopas.

Wait you can actually make real yellow Paratroopas? This is fantastic news, thanks.

Also another bug, but if you go through a non-item enabled door while Yoshi has wings from a blue shell or similar, he will keep the wings permanently but can hold other items in his mouth.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:12 am 
Spiny
Spiny

I bet you all know this, but if you're lucky enough you can actually freeze a Bullet Bill Launcher. I think this only happens when the iceball hits the corners, but I'm not sure.
If you create a warp on a moving layer, the exit warp will also move with it even if it is on default layer.
I am almost positive that you all know this, but if you select a SMB3 Bowser, and switch to SMB screen on NPCs tab and turn Lakitu to Yes, you'll get Lakitus throwing Lakitus and a secret NPC tab.
This one's kind of surprising, but just like Boom-Boom, Larry Koopa and etc, Bowser can also be killed by fireballs! The thing is you'll really need too many of them. Someone actually made a video of it, I guess (and I think it was Dragonmaster146 :O)
A Roto-disc set on Don't Move will basically just move up and down.
Unless they aren't given a message or set as friendly, NPCs listed as "People" (The jumping Toad, Peach, Link etc) can be killed by other NPCs or used as mushrooms.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:26 am 
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

MarioWorker12 wrote:
I am almost positive that you all know this, but if you select a SMB3 Bowser, and switch to SMB screen on NPCs tab and turn Lakitu to Yes, you'll get Lakitus throwing Lakitus and a secret NPC tab.

that works for every npc not just smb3 bowser.

Join my forum now! It has a download link of all the older SMBX versions (from 1.0 to 1.2.1) along with a tutorial of how to use LunaDLL!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:37 pm 
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

It is possible to kill a fishbone with a spin jump.

Also, there are some unused rooms in The Invasion 2, as well as a unused Luigi npc in level 4.

Roleplay: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2302
I support:

Lol, this is when Mega Man gets serious:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:53 pm 
Cecil
Cecil

MarioWorker12 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=449

I also have a graphics pack now! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1386
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ValtteriValtteri24

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next