NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reputation Mod
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:28 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

Why can't I use this yet? I don't see any up vote/downvote icons next to user's information. Can someone help?

Spoiler: show

ImageImage
I go by names such as:
Elloss, Conellossus, ConXus, Magna DominXus, and Blue Greed.

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:31 am 
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

^
You probably need to be "autoconfirmed" or something by being on the forum for a day or similar. It's to prevent abuse of the system by making sockpuppets, I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:33 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

Pseudo-dino wrote:
^
You probably need to be "autoconfirmed" or something by being on the forum for a day or similar. It's to prevent abuse of the system by making sockpuppets, I think.

Oh, okay, I will see if you are correct by tomorrow, thank you.

ImageImage
I go by names such as:
Elloss, Conellossus, ConXus, Magna DominXus, and Blue Greed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:44 am 
Swooper
Swooper

Great addition I have to say! A lot of users were requesting this... or at least something similar to this anyways. It's good that you added it Joey.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:40 am 
Grinder
Grinder

I've experienced two of the flaws already. One regarding upvotes, one regarding downvotes.
Regarding upvotes, someone I'm friends with upvoted for my general behaviour on this forum, but I think it's because we're friends. I might be wrong here, but that's the impression I get.
I can see this being used to strengthen a friend's karma.

Regarding downvotes, someone gave me one because in his opinion I said that one idea he has wasn't practical, while I meant something entirely different with my posts on the topic.
I can see this being used when mad/butthurt to take revenge on the people who caused it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:04 am 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

I kind of think mad/butthurt people are probably likely to get the most downvotes for, at least in part, that very reason.
I do suspect downvoting would just engender hostility in general, but I believe Joey when he says he would remove the negative aspect if necessary, so I'm content to see the result for better or for worse.

I don't imagine I'll be downvoting people very often, anyway. If I'm going to call someone out, I'll tend to do it in a direct response on the thread unless it would derail the topic.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:54 am 
Pokey
Pokey

I honestly prefer the liking post system from SMBX: Revived. I'm not sure how other people would think about this, but liking or disliking a post has a much weaker influence than this. Decreasing a user's reputation will make that user angry and hate the other, because it has a too big effect. In SMBX: Revived's system, it just wouldn't matter. If you like a post because the poster is your friend, everyone will see it and won't pay much attention to it. If someone disliked a post from you because he doesn't like you, you won't get that marked on your miniprofile. I remember Ignoritus posting something here (which was probably deleted. If you didn't want other people to read this, sorry), and he said that this is a good out to tell a user indirectly that he or she isn't that appreciated in this community. That's a good point, but I personally think disliking a post with SMBX: Revived's system is a better out to this.

NNID & Skype: Xx1Kyo (If you're going to send me a friend request in any of those, make sure I can recognize who you are or I'll decline.)
Correct pronouncement of my name: Key - o
<wingedblueyoshi> do you even logic

Since I am an attention-horny pig, I'll advertise my project in my signature from now on.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:43 am 
Goomba
Goomba

why i dont see buttons ^/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:07 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

SUpER mario sonic wrote:
why i dont see buttons ^/

The system has to approve your account for karma upvoting/downvoting. You have to wait until you see the buttons.

"F*ck you Einstein! Let's make a level with water + lava!" ~FutureNyanCat2014, 05/05/14
FutureNyanCat2002: Big Fan of Valtteri Since 2013

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:14 am 
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Kyo wrote:
I honestly prefer the liking post system from SMBX: Revived. I'm not sure how other people would think about this, but liking or disliking a post has a much weaker influence than this. Decreasing a user's reputation will make that user angry and hate the other, because it has a too big effect. In SMBX: Revived's system, it just wouldn't matter. If you like a post because the poster is your friend, everyone will see it and won't pay much attention to it. If someone disliked a post from you because he doesn't like you, you won't get that marked on your miniprofile. I remember Ignoritus posting something here (which was probably deleted. If you didn't want other people to read this, sorry), and he said that this is a good out to tell a user indirectly that he or she isn't that appreciated in this community. That's a good point, but I personally think disliking a post with SMBX: Revived's system is a better out to this.

Agreed dude, agreed.

Roleplay: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2302
I support:

Lol, this is when Mega Man gets serious:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next