NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: My Research of SMBX
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:14 pm 
Offline
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:35 pm
Posts: 8
Wohlstand wrote:
Avarice wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
Good idea for "Poison zone", will be planned ;) As you see "physical environment" as item type for water and quicksand, this will be as "poison gas" with air physics, but will made slowly damage, "acid" - same slowly damage, but with water physics, "variable gravity" for add/remove gravity value, etc.
Don't forget, at first need made full support of SMBX64 standard. (SMBX64 - is a standard of game structure, which realizing by SMBX 1.3).

Wait, there will be poison and hurtful water? My idea was to just have a poison thing, and if they want hurtful water, just place a poison block over a water block. That way, you could combine poison with quicksand, or with your planned "gravity fields" to create a wide variety of effects. Also, I heard there will be wind. If so, it should also be under the physical environments tab, as that could lead to stuff like in Lost levels, as well as water currents.(And it shouldn't have any visual presence on it's own. The direction and strength should be adjustable as well. Just imagine using upwards wind to jump higher, or a level that uses layers to change the wind direction.) Lastly, if you do this, how about giving each physical environment thing it's own border color in the editor? Like, water could have blue, quicksand could be yellow, etc.
I really appreciate what you're doing, and fully understand if you're unwilling or unable to implement any of what I've suggested when the time come.


Poison zone:
"poizon"/"hurtful water" - is same type of physical environment which can hurt to player. Item type will be same - Physical environment.
As you see, Water/Quicksand is a "configurable physical environment":

This is example of internal data structure, what saved into file with item:

Current SMBX64 PhysEnv item structure:
- x,
- y,
- width,
- height,
- IsQuickSand?

New planed PhysEnv item structure:
- x,
- y,
- width,
- height,
- environment type[water, quicksand, gas, none (air)],
- overwrite gravity value [0-900, 100 - default],
- hurt NPC flag. for enable hurtful for NPC
- hurt player flag. for enable hurtful for Player
- poison/hurtful value [0-100] 0 - safe, 1 - damage to 1 pt. etc,

Inside editor I made difference between physical environment zones by colors (First time, Water have green color, and Quicksand - yellow).


Wind:
- Wind will be applied on whole section (if you did play in Super Princess Peach, you know, how wind works). Will be as flag on each section, and events for change wind mode (toggle directon, or disable/enable them for defined section number). As you see, this feature can be used even as water current. Exactly must be possible to change strength and direction.

Note for events:
And, because will be a lot of event actions, need to made "Action-styled" events. I.e. each event - is an actions list. You will add in this list only necessary action instead full list of actions in each events. And this is reason, why title is "Classic events". New "action-styled" events will works only with new file format, and classic events will be leaved only for save SMBX compatible.

So wait, will it be possible to create hurtful quicksand? And the reason I thought wind should be a physical environment is that then you could place it in only a small area, and even have more than one.(Like, for example, air coming out of a pipe. If it's on a per-section basis, then that won't work, as you would make the whole section have wind.) I have never played Super Princess Peach, but I know Lost levels has certain parts with wind. Is there a reason you want to make it on the whole section?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Research of SMBX
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:26 pm 
Offline
Pokey
Pokey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:44 pm
Posts: 223
Location: Moscow, Russia
Avarice wrote:
So wait, will it be possible to create hurtful quicksand? And the reason I thought wind should be a physical environment is that then you could place it in only a small area, and even have more than one.(Like, for example, air coming out of a pipe. If it's on a per-section basis, then that won't work, as you would make the whole section have wind.) I have never played Super Princess Peach, but I know Lost levels has certain parts with wind. Is there a reason you want to make it on the whole section?


Yes, with new structure you can made hurtful quicksand: because "hurtful" is an environment independent flag with strength value. You can made physical environment of any types with hurtful flag, and you will made hurtful zones with difference environments.

I think made wind in two modes:
as whole section values(power,direction)+flag(Enable/Disable) (as "Underwater" flag), and also can be used as "physical environment zone" what enabling wind only for captured area. [as you say, will possible made "air coming out of a pipe"]

_________________
My engine's project links:

My Media:
Spoiler: show
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/Music/ (Chiptune RIP)
SMBX OPL Sound pack http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/Sounds/SMBX_OPL/ (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Research of SMBX
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:30 pm 
Offline
Pokey
Pokey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:44 pm
Posts: 223
Location: Moscow, Russia
Luigifan2010, I was add your link to your download as "Luigifan2010's Laboratory", you can see here:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=74
Later I will add into main post here, if you don't object

_________________
My engine's project links:

My Media:
Spoiler: show
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/Music/ (Chiptune RIP)
SMBX OPL Sound pack http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/Sounds/SMBX_OPL/ (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Research of SMBX
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:36 pm 
Offline
Lakitu
Lakitu
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:23 pm
Posts: 438
Location: Florida
Wohlstand wrote:
Luigifan2010, I was add your link to your download as "Luigifan2010's Laboratory", you can see here:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=74
Later I will add into main post here, if you don't object


That's perfectly okay! :)
This really is starting to feel open source B) but I'm pretty sure this would work just fine on any Debian based system, so could you maybe add "for Linux Mint/other Ubuntu or Debian based OS'es"?

_________________
<BTB> but we arent gonna respect the fact he asked us not to post smbx anywhere



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Research of SMBX
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:41 pm 
Offline
Pokey
Pokey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:44 pm
Posts: 223
Location: Moscow, Russia
Luigifan2010 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
Luigifan2010, I was add your link to your download as "Luigifan2010's Laboratory", you can see here:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=74
Later I will add into main post here, if you don't object


That's perfectly okay! :)
This really is starting to feel open source B) but I'm pretty sure this would work just fine on any Debian based system, so could you maybe add "for Linux Mint/other Ubuntu or Debian based OS'es"?

I forgot say about my tests on my Debian machine:I got color bug: absence of red color on any Qt5 applications :P But on CentOS all working perfectly
Don't forget pack libraries for application, or you must build id statically.

_________________
My engine's project links:

My Media:
Spoiler: show
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/Music/ (Chiptune RIP)
SMBX OPL Sound pack http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/Sounds/SMBX_OPL/ (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Research of SMBX
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:02 pm 
Offline
Lakitu
Lakitu
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:23 pm
Posts: 438
Location: Florida
Wohlstand wrote:
Luigifan2010 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
Luigifan2010, I was add your link to your download as "Luigifan2010's Laboratory", you can see here:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=74
Later I will add into main post here, if you don't object


That's perfectly okay! :)
This really is starting to feel open source B) but I'm pretty sure this would work just fine on any Debian based system, so could you maybe add "for Linux Mint/other Ubuntu or Debian based OS'es"?

I forgot say about my tests on my Debian machine:I got color bug: absence of red color on any Qt5 applications :P But on CentOS all working perfectly
Don't forget pack libraries for application, or you must build id statically.


which libraries are needed again just to run? I can fork and include a run script that will check for these before running the actual application and I will update my builds accordingly

_________________
<BTB> but we arent gonna respect the fact he asked us not to post smbx anywhere



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Research of SMBX
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:06 pm 
Offline
Pokey
Pokey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:44 pm
Posts: 223
Location: Moscow, Russia
Luigifan2010 wrote:
which libraries are needed again just to run? I can fork and include a run script that will check for these before running the actual application and I will update my builds accordingly

I means so libs for deploy

_________________
My engine's project links:

My Media:
Spoiler: show
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/Music/ (Chiptune RIP)
SMBX OPL Sound pack http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/Sounds/SMBX_OPL/ (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Research of SMBX
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:16 pm 
Offline
Lakitu
Lakitu
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:23 pm
Posts: 438
Location: Florida
Wohlstand wrote:
Luigifan2010 wrote:
which libraries are needed again just to run? I can fork and include a run script that will check for these before running the actual application and I will update my builds accordingly

I means so libs for deploy


the "editor only" package contains the following
Image
with the smbx configs and languages and such

_________________
<BTB> but we arent gonna respect the fact he asked us not to post smbx anywhere



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Research of SMBX
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:09 pm 
Offline
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 pm
Posts: 8
So, this is a new version of SMBX? I can help you with Italian translations if you wish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Research of SMBX
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:33 am 
Offline
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:23 am
Posts: 272
Location: Ukraine (Украина)
Wohlstand wrote:
This project is offered as a successor of SMBX. It is not SMBX, but fully compatible with it.
See: SMBX - is a game, PGE - is a game engine. All games are created based on their own game engines.
SMBX - closed sources, PGE - Libre and Open Source

This project can be used not only for Mario games, but for others too (while being entirely open source). Because it allows full flexibility and customizing (all items are defined by INI files), and NPCs will be allowed to be programmed by a script language, this allows one to create any own NPCs of their own without closing algorithms to a specific NPC-ID.

_________________
Info:
Spoiler: show
Skype - h2643, if won't work then type denis192851

IRC
My IRC channel at KottNet - #h2643, at FreeNode - #h2643 and at StarDustFields - #h2643
Join http://wiix.gamerz.co/, http://gametriangle.prophpbb.com/ and http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum!
My joke images: http://s122.photobucket.com/user/kxenas ... E%20IMAGES


<Knux> h2643 the super computer
Spoiler: show
Image
redigit_is_cool


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Back to Super Mario Bros. X