NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:41 pm 
Pokey
Pokey

I want to make this announcement only to address the drama that originated in one of the Sandbox topics today.

The only reason I'm doing this is to remind everyone that this is a community where we are allowed to joke around with each other, but also a community where we shouldn't stretch the joke and continue to harass others just because of their comments or actions, regardless if they're bad.

There are people who can take a joke, and there are others who can't. If a person can't take a joke, don't escalate the situation further by continuing to make jokes at them. At the same time, there shouldn't be over reactions from individuals if they're being teased or bullied.

We are here to respect each other and have fun, not to start drama and get ourselves in a mess. I'd like to remind everyone that if there's a problem that's going on, either report the post(s) or message a staff member regarding the issue. Please do not escalate the situation.

I will be addressing this with the moderators and my fellow admins, and we'll be starting to be more strict on the forums. I think everyone can agree that people are taking advantage of the forum rules that were set. Being here is a privilege, and not a right.

Thank you.

~m4sterbr0s

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:33 pm 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

On the flipside, there's no room for overreacting over joking that happens here. This is a forum with a bunch of users that have differing levels of familiarity with eachother; sometimes, people are only joking around and taking things lightly, unaware that they may actually be hurting someone. If you are being legitimately harassed, don't fuel it more by posting emotionally - notify a staff member and we will help you deal with it. Or, just handle it maturely. "GUYS PLEASE STOP HATING ON ME" is not the way to go, and if you feel like you're about to do that then just PM a staffer.

Sometimes (and only sometimes), people here are just too sensitive. That needs to stop as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:55 pm 
Lakitu
Lakitu

People need to learn that not everyone takes jokes and stuff the same way as you may, outer forces in one's live affects their traits and personalities and such. That's something for all of you to consider

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]