NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:11 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

It's this time of the year again and I'm really excited! I may be the only one who noticed this since I've been spending the entire year gathering coins to become gold/platinum status and I made it!

Today this showed up on the site.
Spoiler: show

I have made it to gold status and will be receiving a free reward soon. Did anyone else make it to gold or platinum? Any thoughts on what this years prizes will be?

ImageImage
I go by names such as:
Elloss, Conellossus, ConXus, Magna DominXus, and Blue Greed.

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:48 am 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Yeah, I didn't collect any coins in 2013 because I wanted to ensure I would get platinum status the next Club Nintendo period in which I registered something. I got 2014 in platinum. I'm also waiting to spend my coins on a 3DS card holder. Hopefully that'll come back.
I got platinum in 2012 as well. I got the deck of cards for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:49 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

God damn it, is it really taking this long to release those rewards? I hope they don't release them as late as last year, I am checking like 7:00 in the morning everyday, and nothing every time.

ImageImage
I go by names such as:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:24 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

They're here.

A bit disappointing because of lack of physical rewards but the games look pretty interesting. What will be your choice from this list?

ImageImage
I go by names such as:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:54 am 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, or Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

Obviously the latter is the better deal and probably the deeper and more satisfying experience. The downside is that it's a bit redundant as I have the Wii version, and handheld games, especially games as action-oriented as Donkey Kong Country gets, might be a little rough on my hands. The upside is that it has rolling actually mapped to a button (THANKS, NINTENDO), and a special world. These things alone made me want it, but I wasn't willing to spend another 40 dollars on the same game in this instance. I think it's almost the perfect choice for me.

Minis on the Move looks like a pick-up-and-play kind of game to relax, and I don't have a lot of those. It also has the benefit of being part of a series I've never experienced, in a genre I don't happen to see much of.

It doesn't surprise me that there are no physical rewards, I guess. Nintendo keeps operating at a loss and perhaps they decided to cut certain things out of the budget for the time being. It also probably helps to encourage digital sales when you hand out free games this way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:33 pm 
Bit
Bit

Blue Greed wrote:
They're here.

A bit disappointing because of lack of physical rewards but the games look pretty interesting. What will be your choice from this list?

A bit? Lemme give you a word...

This is a fucking insult. You need to buy at least 4 Wii U's to get to Platinum, and this... What the fuck. I'm not getting Game & Wario or DKC Returns 3D because I prefer to get my games at retail if I can, I already have NES Remix, and I have no interest in the others. Actually, I take that back... I may get Earthbound or Dr. Luigi.

Gold is even worse, but 2 less Wii U's isn't too bad. They look decent, but for one, none of these cost more than $10, and for two, some of these can only be bought for certain consoles... Why can't I get Metroid for both 3DS and Wii U?

Overall, this sucks.

Visit TIAOH Gardens. You probably won't want to, but just do it anyways.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:49 pm 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Yeah, you could buy four Wii Us(?) or you could conserve your points until you actually want to get something in Club Nintendo. Then you're guaranteed platinum status for that year.

I tend to buy games at retail but a $30+ free digital game is definitely going to take precedence over that.

I feel bad for the people who already have all of those games, mainly. I think Nintendo should have included a couple of newer releases or Club Nintendo exclusive digital rewards so that those people would be satisfied.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:50 pm 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Got my hands on SML2: 6 Golden Coins the other day.

Pretty good game so far!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:58 pm 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Hawkeyeone wrote:
A bit? Lemme give you a word...

This is a fucking insult. You need to buy at least 4 Wii U's to get to Platinum, and this... What the fuck. I'm not getting Game & Wario or DKC Returns 3D because I prefer to get my games at retail if I can, I already have NES Remix, and I have no interest in the others. Actually, I take that back... I may get Earthbound or Dr. Luigi.

Gold is even worse, but 2 less Wii U's isn't too bad. They look decent, but for one, none of these cost more than $10, and for two, some of these can only be bought for certain consoles... Why can't I get Metroid for both 3DS and Wii U?

Overall, this sucks.

Yeah. Club Nintendo used to be a place where you can trade coins and stuff for things you can't get anywhere else. Now they're giving out stuff you can simply get at retail! In fact, the only things that AREN'T games, currently, are greeting cards. And to add insult to injury, just look at the list of stuff in the European and Japanese Club Nintendo sites. They have more variety, why not North America?