NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Game Grumps
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:47 am 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

The Dan era.
discuss

<Valtteri> Knux please shove a rusty fork in your anus

Post subject: Re: Game Grumps
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:09 pm 
Ripper II
Ripper II

I like Game Grumps a lot actually,though I do miss John a lot.It just seems that most of the episodes that had John in it were the funniest ones,though I still like Game Grumps with Dan in it overall.
NOTE AND EDIT:This is just my opinion,if you like the game grumps era with Dan more,Im perfectly fine with that.

I support...
Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:42 am 
Lakitu
Lakitu

Yeah, their show is hilarious. I'm watching their Super Metroid play through and can't get enough of their fooling around, stories, and nonsense. I think I might like Danny equally as much as John.

ImageImage
I go by names such as:
Elloss, Conellossus, ConXus, Magna DominXus, and Blue Greed.

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:04 am 
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

AH I've been looking for this topic! I started watching since day one. I still love the show. Iz good.

Userbars

Moar Gify Goodness
ImageYes I like Game GrumpsImage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:10 am 
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Out of all the episodes they have, I still think the best game they've ever played is Drakkhen
Back when they almost always actually talked about the game (◕‿◕✿)
I don't really watch the show anymore, it's meh to me now without JonTron, as I saw Jon and Arin as brothers, but with Arin and Danny, it's just like they're friends
You know you can't deny that Jon and Arin had some of the most special chemistry in any LPing channel

I'll pretty much only post my works in SMBX and only that

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:43 am 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

I like Dan though sometimes I feel like the "Dan-era" Arin acts in a homogenized way. He goes a little overboard on the beatboxing and the black stereotype impersonation. The show as a whole seems more willing to return to running gags, now, as well. Arin did the "like, comment subscribe" self-mockery thing way early on and dropped it when it stopped being original, but it came back in full force at some point after Danny came on the show, and the willingness to reuse material in that way seems more like lazy pandering at this point. Things like "mycaruba" were funny when they happened, but there's no reason I should still be hearing about it, and they definitely shouldn't have tried to shoehorn the joke into Heart of Darkness—at least that's exactly how it came across to me.

The chemistry between Jon and Arin really took me back to my own childhood, because I shared a similar chemistry with one of my old friends whom I unfortunately no longer hang out with ever. We would play games and make jokes and occasionally go hyperactive over the silliest things, in a similar way to how Jon and Arin would act. I feel like I was the Arin and he was the Jon, though like with Jon and Arin, our roles would just switch at random.
Seriously, I have memories of things like when we deliberately bastardized the lyrics of "Simple and Clean" (That Kingdom Hearts song) while locked to the death in Super Smash Bros. Melee and we became hysterical over it. There were a lot of things like that.

I love Jon; he is my hero; et cetera. Dan is really cool in his own right and I respected Jon's decision to leave. I still watch the show as a general means of relaxing and hanging out, as well.