NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:16 pm 
Eerie
Eerie

Just a simple little thing where you can tell others where you got the inspiration for your current username, might make it interesting for people like reghrhre.

My current username, Syndrilevosse, comes from the epic fantasy genre, it's a portmanteau of the Elven name "Sin'dril the Suspicious" and the word "Aivossa", which means "Great". Syndrilevosse ultimately stands for "Syndril the Great". You'd have to know a lot about epic fantasy to understand fully.

"8bit you either care for this community and try to make it better, or you continue to blow things out of proportions and make an ass out of yourself insulting anyone you disagree with. YOU CAN'T DO BOTH. STOP TRYING TO." ― DarkMatt
"Danny is the original DarkMatt Jr." ― DarkMatt
"danny do you have any social skills at all" ― Knux
"you want a dickpic" ― Joey
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by 8bitmushroom on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:18 pm 
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

This name was inspired by truth and truth alone

Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:23 pm 
Lakitu
Lakitu

FanofSMBX wrote:
This name was inspired by truth and truth alone

Says the guy who complains about SMBX EVERYDAY and supports another game that needs serious testing

On topic: Nothing other than I wanted a Youtube username that wasn't taken and didn't require numbers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:31 pm 
Eerie
Eerie

reghrhre wrote:
Nothing other than I wanted a Youtube username that wasn't taken and didn't require numbers.

To this day, I still am clueless on how you pronounce your name.

Is it "REG-AR-EE?"
I don't know if the "G" is mentioned like a "J" but in that demonstration "G" is just its normal sound ("GUH").

My username was inspired by Kip, but I will not tell you who Kip is or whatever. Here's a hint: HE IS NOT A CELEBRITY! In fact, I'm positive none of you know who it is so no questions tolerated. He's from this virtual game online.

Spoiler: show

You can't ever be as agile as a plumber.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

elitalianoverde wrote:
Yeah no one was more depressed than Kep, believe me, I also was a little sad, but i've managed to get my post count back.

Even these days, one month later, still people here consider me a posting *****.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:41 pm 
Ninji
Ninji

My name is inspired by this...(True Story) One day I was making a G-mail account and I was having trouble coming up with a good name. I was a fan of SMBX at the time so I entered: SMBX, but I wanted it to be cool. So after some thinking I added: "xer" to the end. And I use that for EVERYTHING I sign-up to this day...

I support:

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<Quill> "Let it go." Anna says as Elsa cums

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:14 pm 
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Quoting from my introduction topic because that passage fits perfectly here. As if I had known this question would be asked one day, lol.

smwforever45 wrote:
Not too few people have asked me where my username comes from. I've made that name up in 2009, when I've registered on the official forums for Super Mario War, another Mario fan game which I used to play a lot back in those days. In order to show how much I liked this game, I chose the first letters of "Super", "Mario" and "War" to get "smw", added "forever", and added my (still) favorite number, the 45, because "smwforever" alone didn't sound complete to me.
Thus: Even though I like Super Mario World a lot, "smw" in my name does not stand for Super Mario World. ;)

Projects I support:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:42 pm 
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Kep wrote:
Is it "REG-AR-EE?"

This is correct, according to previous statements made by reghrhre.

My username means nothing significant, although I first used it as my username on the Mario Wiki. It just popped into my head when I registered there, pretty much.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:55 pm 
Eerie
Eerie

Pseudo-dino wrote:
My username means nothing significant, although I first used it as my username on the Mario Wiki. It just popped into my head when I registered there, pretty much.

Your username is actually what inspired me to make this thread.

"8bit you either care for this community and try to make it better, or you continue to blow things out of proportions and make an ass out of yourself insulting anyone you disagree with. YOU CAN'T DO BOTH. STOP TRYING TO." ― DarkMatt
"Danny is the original DarkMatt Jr." ― DarkMatt
"danny do you have any social skills at all" ― Knux
"you want a dickpic" ― Joey
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:09 pm 

Back on the first forums, I signed up as 'ryman001'. Then I had it changed to simply Ryman. Then, I decided I wanted to make a YouTube channel but 'Ryman' was taken. So I reversed it, and added an extra r at the end to make it look a little better. And to me, it sounds a lot better this way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:26 pm 
Lakitu
Lakitu

Kep wrote:
reghrhre wrote:
Nothing other than I wanted a Youtube username that wasn't taken and didn't require numbers.

To this day, I still am clueless on how you pronounce your name.

Is it "REG-AR-EE?"
I don't know if the "G" is mentioned like a "J" but in that demonstration "G" is just its normal sound ("GUH").

My username was inspired by Kip, but I will not tell you who Kip is or whatever. Here's a hint: HE IS NOT A CELEBRITY! In fact, I'm positive none of you know who it is so no questions tolerated. He's from this virtual game online.

You can't fool me, you took the name Kip from Napoleon Dynamite!!!! Nah. As for your question you are close except for the "AR" part, replace that with "ERR". And to be specific on how to pronounce those parts you say:

reg like regular
err like... err
re like recording

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next