NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ranks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:02 pm 
Grinder
Grinder

Raster wrote:
Quote:
Following your statement, anybody here that doesn't use SMBX should leave this place, correct?

People that are affected by flashing images shouldn't be here, yeah.

Let me clarify the question, anybody here that doesn't use SMBX should leave this place, correct?
Raster wrote:
Quote:
How can you tell? You're not wearing his shoes, you can't assure something you don't feel.

He hasn't said or done anything to prove to us that this is a real issue. We don't know if people are affected by it and we can't just take knux's word for granted.

There's no proof it isn't a real issue either. You won't leave the boat until you verify with your own eyes that there's a leak? Once you realize it might be too late.

Credits to Gintoki for making these signatures.

Join my forum: http://smbxcontribution.prophpbb.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:07 pm 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Quote:
Let me clarify the question, anybody here that doesn't use SMBX should leave this place, correct?

no
Quote:
There's no proof it isn't a real issue either

The burden of proof is on Knux, not us. It's like saying: "There's a soccer ball floating in space in close proximity to the sun. What I said is true because nobody can prove me wrong."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:11 pm 
Grinder
Grinder

Raster wrote:
Quote:

no

There you go then. Besides, not changing something at the point of not caring about how it would affect the userbase physically to the point of telling them "then you should leave" is pretty much unprofessional. If you care about the community, you need to make changes attractive enough so people would start coming and stop leaving.
Raster wrote:
Quote:
There's no proof it isn't a real issue either

The burden of proof is on Knux, not us. It's like saying: "There's a soccer ball floating in space in close proximity to the sun. What I said is true because nobody can prove me wrong."

You're starting to understand my point. Yes, the burden of proof is on Knux, so instead of saying he's wrong we need certain proofs. That is, if the staff actually cares about possible physical damage that the forum inflicts to the userbase.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:16 pm 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Quote:
There you go then. Besides, not changing something at the point of not caring about how it would affect the userbase physically to the point of telling them "then you should leave" is pretty much unprofessional. If you care about the community, you need to make changes attractive enough so people would start coming and stop leaving.

...nobody left because of a single rank.
Quote:
You're starting to understand my point. Yes, the burden of proof is on Knux, so instead of saying he's wrong we need certain proofs. That is, if the staff actually cares about possible physical damage that the forum inflicts to the userbase.

You don't understand what I said. So, Knux says, "The kamikaze koopa rank needs to be removed because it is seizure-inducing" without showing evidence. In this case, the staff isn't obliged to fulfill Knux's request because it's ungrounded. Knux's assertion that the rank is dangerous to users doesn't qualify as proof.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:18 pm 
Eerie
Eerie

Raster wrote:
Knux's assertion that the rank is dangerous to users doesn't qualify as proof.

How the hell do you need proof that a flashing image causes seizures?

Spoiler: show

You can't ever be as agile as a plumber.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

elitalianoverde wrote:
Yeah no one was more depressed than Kep, believe me, I also was a little sad, but i've managed to get my post count back.

Even these days, one month later, still people here consider me a posting *****.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 pm 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Kep wrote:
Raster wrote:

You're missing the point. You do need proof that a single rank is potentially dangerous to the users of this community.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 pm 
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Kep wrote:
Raster wrote:

There needs to be proof that the Spark and Shell ranks cause seizures.

SMB Tiles: 100%
SMB2 Tiles: 100%
SMB3 Tiles: 100%
SMW Tiles: 100%
Misc Tiles: 100%

SMB BGOs: 100%
SMB2 BGOs: 100%
SMB3 BGOs: 100%
SMW BGOs: 100%
Misc BGOs: 100%

SMB NPCs: 100%
SMB2 NPCs: 100%
SMB3 NPCs: 100%
SMW NPCs: 0%
Misc NPCs: 0%

Selection
Eraser
Tile Placement
BGO Placement
NPC Placement
Level Settings
Warps
Water

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:21 pm 
Grinder
Grinder

Raster wrote:
Quote:

...nobody left because of a single rank.

So? I'm not referring to actions that the userbase has done because of those words, I'm talking about the attitude.
Raster wrote:
Quote:

You don't understand what I said. So, Knux says, "The kamikaze koopa rank needs to be removed because it is seizure-inducing" without showing evidence. In this case, the staff isn't obliged to fulfill Knux's request because it's ungrounded. Knux's assertion that the rank is dangerous to users doesn't qualify as proof.

If people ignore this problem because they have no proof of this being a real issue it just shows how unconnected the community is in reality. What do you guys want exactly? A note from a doctor proving Knux's difficulty to look at those ranks? C'mon guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:23 pm 
Cecil
Cecil

Natsu wrote:
What do you guys want exactly? A note from a doctor proving Knux's difficulty to look at those ranks? C'mon guys.

Yes. I would like to see that.

I also have a graphics pack now! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1386
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ValtteriValtteri24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:26 pm 
Eerie
Eerie

Valtteri wrote:
Natsu wrote:
What do you guys want exactly? A note from a doctor proving Knux's difficulty to look at those ranks? C'mon guys.

Yes. I would like to see that.

Look, I kind of understand where you're coming from, but you've also got to understand that Knux is an honest user. I doubt he would lie about a flashing image hurting his eyes. In fact, it even hurts my eyes a bit and I am not prone to seizures or anything.

You can't ever be as agile as a plumber.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

elitalianoverde wrote:
Yeah no one was more depressed than Kep, believe me, I also was a little sad, but i've managed to get my post count back.

Even these days, one month later, still people here consider me a posting *****.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next