NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ranks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:57 am 
Spiny
Spiny

lighthouse64 wrote:
TangledLion wrote:
I'd like to suggest, that if you don't like a rank you should be able to pick any rank under you.

That could be a good suggestion for Knux and other people that have problems with flashing images.

No, I don't like it as a idea, people can just keep changing ranks and then be at Birdo/idk rank with 5 or 1 posts. i would like more this idea if you could only rank above only 1time.

ImageYou shouldn't have pressed that.

I'M NOT ENGLISH. DON'T SUE ME FOR BAD ENGLISH. (LOL)
Mario Adventure
Spoiler: show
Image Finally i got enough money to buy this suit, yay me!
Shop owner: Oh wait i forgot you needed to pay some 50 dollars more! *removes mario suit*
Mario: ultra rage mode*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:02 am 
Grinder
Grinder

Magician wrote:
You say it's a small request, but it's just as small of a request for you to drop the issue and use the tools at your disposal to deal with it yourself. It's also the most logical course of action when you consider the fact that there was already a decision to remove it, and it was reversed.

I think displaying a willingness to compromise on issues like these would probably also make staff members more receptive to things you say, because it demonstrates maturity and good will.

I'm not installing an image blocking tool just for one single image.

My eyes strain when I see that rank. It would be so much easier for me if the staff took a minute of their time to change one image.

I'm not asking too much here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:08 am 
Cecil
Cecil

We're not changing the ranks. Download the GIF disabler plugin thing because you're literally the only person who will ever have a problem with the rank.

I also have a graphics pack now! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1386
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ValtteriValtteri24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:09 am 
Grinder
Grinder

Why should I disable every gif on the internet just because you guys won't consider my well-being and remove one rank. It is NOT that hard to pick another. Seriously.

EDIT: Joey downrepped me for this post. Apparently, I am lying about the fact it hurts my eyes just to "control the staff team".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:59 am 
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Knux, I may have misled you accidentally. The recent image blocker tool I attempted to link you to actually IS for specific images. Not for all images. I thought I had conveyed that much; but I guess I wasn't specific enough. This is probably because the URL I originally linked to had a means to disable animated gifs in about:config, which I mistook for a plugin because it also had a flash blocking plugin on top of it and I was only skimming. That was when you were advocating for seizure-prone victims, but since you dropped that, I gave a new reply with a different link to something fitted to your personal needs and I called it a plugin without specifying how it was different.

Here is the link again.

I tried it out just now and all you do after installing it is right click the offending image and click "Block image."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:23 am 
Grinder
Grinder

I stopped going on about seizure-prone victims because Joey and Valtteri seem to think that a small 16x16 image cant cause a seizure - but it can.

I ask for the rank to be changed for two reasons. The first being seizure-related, and the second because it hurts my eyes - and it possibly could hurt others.
A simple request to change it to something else, and all I get are accusations of trying to control the staff team. It's just ridiculous, and funny considering Joey used to
have a go at me for being "too paranoid". But tell me, who's the paranoid one here? Maybe what I'm asking is stirring up a lot more than it should, but it's certainly not an attempt to control things.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:49 am 
Grinder
Grinder

Do both of you, Knux and the staff team realize that this discussion keeps enlarging because neither of you wants to do what the other demands? I think it's time to give my opinion on this one as well.

Indeed, it's easy to do both of 'em, to install that certain plugin, and to change the rank. I can assure the staff's point regarding the rank's image; honestly, who would bother on staring constantly at that rank knowing they are seizure-prone victims? I would understand it if it was a huge image, but it's not like you're forced to watch it, you focus on it on your own. It's practically the same as eating something you're allergic to just because people could get served with it having lunch, your parents aren't going to stop cooking a certain food because you're allergic to that certain food you consciously acknowledge. Of course, there might be some cases where seizure-prone victims don't know they actually are, it's not that rare.

I also agree with Knux's point. Forcing someone to install that certain plugin just because it hurts his eyes or ignore it is rather harsh. Besides, we can't exactly assure he's making a big deal out of nothing because we can't see the rank with HIS eyes, we're in no position to deny the possibility of the rank's flashing effect hurting his eyes. There's no proof of the contrary either, but we can't ignore this with a mere excuse such as "it doesn't affect you that much". From now on I'm going to assume you guys want this forum to grow bigger. If some people find something in this forum that bother them so much, to the point of hurting them physically, the staff should really consider a solution instead of leaving it as it is.

Honestly, I agree with Knux. The rank should be changed to something else.

Credits to Gintoki for making these signatures.

Join my forum: http://smbxcontribution.prophpbb.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:52 am 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Quote:
I also agree with Knux's point. Forcing someone to install that certain plugin just because it hurts his eyes or ignore it is rather harsh

If a person thinks the images are seizure-inducing and/or hurt their sight then they shouldn't be here in the first place. SMBX is a dynamic game with lots of flashing graphics.
Quote:
Do both of you, Knux and the staff team realize that this discussion keeps enlarging because neither of you wants to do what the other demands?

There's no reason to do what Knux demanded because that's not a real issue.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:56 am 
Grinder
Grinder

Raster wrote:
Quote:
I also agree with Knux's point. Forcing someone to install that certain plugin just because it hurts his eyes or ignore it is rather harsh

If a person thinks the images are seizure-inducing and/or hurt their sight then they shouldn't be here in the first place. SMBX is a dynamic game with lots of flashing graphics.

Following your statement, anybody here that doesn't use SMBX should leave this place, correct?
Raster wrote:
Quote:
Do both of you, Knux and the staff team realize that this discussion keeps enlarging because neither of you wants to do what the other demands?

There's no reason to do what Knux demanded because that's not a real issue.

How can you tell? You're not wearing his shoes, you can't assure something you don't feel.

Credits to Gintoki for making these signatures.

Join my forum: http://smbxcontribution.prophpbb.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:58 am 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Quote:
Following your statement, anybody here that doesn't use SMBX should leave this place, correct?

People that are affected by flashing images shouldn't be here, yeah.
Quote:
How can you tell? You're not wearing his shoes, you can't assure something you don't feel.

He hasn't said or done anything to prove to us that this is a real issue. We don't know if people are affected by it and we can't just take knux's word for granted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next