NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:21 am 
Offline
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:04 am
Posts: 1309
Location: Equestria
The "official" episode, FanofSMBX, are those that are directly endorsed by Redigit, as well as NGCA because it's a remake of another official episode by the creators of said episode.

Return to Yoshi's Island is, in fact, considered a completely official episode (it was made by the level designers from the original forums) and includes at least one level created by Redigit himself ("Hyphy").

What is next for the level design team, though? I feel like nothing short of the Invasion 3 community project (as the "rights" to that name were indirectly passed on to the current folks by way of Red Yoshi and Ignoritus, source) would qualify as another official episode. Even if Zephyr and krazykoopa were to make another episode together after this, which seems highly unlikely, I would be hesitant to call it another official episode, since it would not be endorsed by Redigit or continue in the legacy of another official episode, presumably.

_________________
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
I think Frozen is a pretty cool guy. Eh mkaes ice and doesnt afraid of anything.
I believe in Princess Celestia as my Lady and Savior. If you do as well, put this in your signature.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:15 am 
Offline
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 637
Quote:
though? I feel like nothing short of the Invasion 3 community project (as the "rights" to that name were indirectly passed on to the current folks by way of Red Yoshi and Ignoritus, source

Not entirely true. Redigit started the project along with Red Yoshi, and Red Yoshi created the world map. So, in a way, The Invasion 3 is official.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:03 am 
Offline
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 638
Location: Italy, that's all you'll know. perv.
Raster wrote:
Quote:
though? I feel like nothing short of the Invasion 3 community project (as the "rights" to that name were indirectly passed on to the current folks by way of Red Yoshi and Ignoritus, source

Not entirely true. Redigit started the project along with Red Yoshi, and Red Yoshi created the world map. So, in a way, The Invasion 3 is official.


so should we "delete" the other collaboration invasion 3 thingy?

_________________
Image
Image
http://darkonius64.deviantart.com/
<Valtteri> Knux please shove a rusty fork in your anus


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:14 am 
Offline
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 637
Darkonius Mavakar wrote:
Raster wrote:
Quote:
though? I feel like nothing short of the Invasion 3 community project (as the "rights" to that name were indirectly passed on to the current folks by way of Red Yoshi and Ignoritus, source

Not entirely true. Redigit started the project along with Red Yoshi, and Red Yoshi created the world map. So, in a way, The Invasion 3 is official.


so should we "delete" the other collaboration invasion 3 thingy?

No.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:32 am 
Offline
Grinder
Grinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:04 pm
Posts: 1001
TGE1 was also "officially endorsed" by redigit. Should that also be considered an "official" episode?

It's a stupid title, and I don't know why we still use it.

_________________
Join my SMBX forum! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:12 am 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:56 pm
Posts: 1208
Speaking of The Invasion 3...well, I'll wait a bit on that. :P

Kyo, you're still looking at it the wrong way - the official episodes don't determine who is on the Level Design team, the Level Design team makes the official episodes. Official episodes are started when they feel like it because they lead the Level Design team. It's not that hard of an idea to wrap your head around, you're thinking way too much into it. I said "they might want a break" because they probably don't want to start work right away on another official episode. They also might want more designers added to the team. Zephyr and krazykoopa lead the team so they can make those decisions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:37 pm 
Offline
Eerie
Eerie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:23 am
Posts: 938
Location: Steelport
How is The Invasion 3 even official anymore if it's not leaded by Red_Yoshi or Ignoritus and just by someone other.

_________________
Image Image
<m4sterbr0s>But yeah, some people on the forums need to mature more.
Spoiler: show
Image

Join my forum, reghrhre's here too
In Justice we trust !
Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:54 pm 
Offline
Pokey
Pokey
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:12 pm
Posts: 235
Location: Germany
My point isn't even complex and you are permanently failing to comprehend it. For the last time, this 'wrong' view is COMPLETELY irrelevant to the issue. That issue is that the level designer leaders are too overpowered, practically, having the privilege to start the production of an official episode anytime. The way an official episode is determined as one doesn't matter in the slightest. Maybe I'm even failing to understand your message, but what you're saying sounds like the official episode cannot be designed if the level designing leaders cannot contribute to it for whatever reason. You also sound like, those two have stick with their position. The impression I get is that you made them to level designing leaders because they were in lead of NGCA. If this position is never changed, that'd be extremely unfair. So, now to make sure these misunderstandings are cleared, I'm going to list my issues below so you CAN'T even fail to understand what I'm saying:

1. Level designing leaders are too overpowered with the privilege to start an official episode when they'd like.
2. This and the next point might not even exist, because it's my interpretation from what you're saying. The level designing leaders have to contribute to an official episode for it to be started. This is what I interpreted from "Zephyr and krazykoopa might need a break". It sounds like an official episode can't be designed without their contribution.
3. From the same quote, I also interpreted that the level designing leaders cannot be switched out for some reason, because those two HAVE to be a part of an official episode. And even if this works like with moderators (say: demotion and replacement after severe inactivity), it'd still not be fair. Unless the next community episode wilk be something like, NGCA2, where it just makes sense those two are the leaders, they should be switched out accordingly for fairness' sake.

CaptainSyrup wrote:
How is The Invasion 3 even official anymore if it's not leaded by Red_Yoshi or Ignoritus and just by someone other.

While I disagree with that ideal that an episode has to be approved by Redigit personally since he isn't a part of this community anymore, he did have the idea to start TI3 with RedYoshi, making it an official one. RedYoshi passed the privileges over TI3 over to Ignoritus, who then passed it to SM7, who eventually passed it to Raster. It's validly official, from all perspectives.

_________________
"Inherited will. The destiny of the age and the dream of its people. These will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, they will never cease to be."


NNID & Skype: Xx1Kyo (If you're going to send me a friend request in any of those, make sure I can recognize who you are or I'll decline.)
Correct pronouncement of my name: Key - o
<wingedblueyoshi> do you even logic

Since I am an attention-horny pig, I'll advertise my project in my signature from now on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 pm 
Offline
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 637
CaptainSyrup wrote:
How is The Invasion 3 even official anymore if it's not leaded by Red_Yoshi or Ignoritus and just by someone other.

Red Yoshi and Redigit were the ones who started the project, and some of their work is still in the current project. Ignoritus or anyone else coordinating it doesn't change that fact.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:31 pm
Posts: 272
I'd say the staff here is in charge of deciding official community episodes now, no?

The argument that 'it has to be endorsed by Redigit' doesn't make much sense anymore as Redigit is long gone. I'd say Joey, as community leader, would probably be in charge of something like that.

But that's just a thought.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Back to Super Mario Bros. X