NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:21 am 
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

The "official" episode, FanofSMBX, are those that are directly endorsed by Redigit, as well as NGCA because it's a remake of another official episode by the creators of said episode.

Return to Yoshi's Island is, in fact, considered a completely official episode (it was made by the level designers from the original forums) and includes at least one level created by Redigit himself ("Hyphy").

What is next for the level design team, though? I feel like nothing short of the Invasion 3 community project (as the "rights" to that name were indirectly passed on to the current folks by way of Red Yoshi and Ignoritus, source) would qualify as another official episode. Even if Zephyr and krazykoopa were to make another episode together after this, which seems highly unlikely, I would be hesitant to call it another official episode, since it would not be endorsed by Redigit or continue in the legacy of another official episode, presumably.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:15 am 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Quote:
though? I feel like nothing short of the Invasion 3 community project (as the "rights" to that name were indirectly passed on to the current folks by way of Red Yoshi and Ignoritus, source

Not entirely true. Redigit started the project along with Red Yoshi, and Red Yoshi created the world map. So, in a way, The Invasion 3 is official.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:03 am 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Raster wrote:
Quote:
though? I feel like nothing short of the Invasion 3 community project (as the "rights" to that name were indirectly passed on to the current folks by way of Red Yoshi and Ignoritus, source

Not entirely true. Redigit started the project along with Red Yoshi, and Red Yoshi created the world map. So, in a way, The Invasion 3 is official.

so should we "delete" the other collaboration invasion 3 thingy?

<Valtteri> Knux please shove a rusty fork in your anus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:14 am 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:
Raster wrote:
Quote:

so should we "delete" the other collaboration invasion 3 thingy?

No.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:32 am 
Grinder
Grinder

TGE1 was also "officially endorsed" by redigit. Should that also be considered an "official" episode?

It's a stupid title, and I don't know why we still use it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:12 am 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Speaking of The Invasion 3...well, I'll wait a bit on that. :P

Kyo, you're still looking at it the wrong way - the official episodes don't determine who is on the Level Design team, the Level Design team makes the official episodes. Official episodes are started when they feel like it because they lead the Level Design team. It's not that hard of an idea to wrap your head around, you're thinking way too much into it. I said "they might want a break" because they probably don't want to start work right away on another official episode. They also might want more designers added to the team. Zephyr and krazykoopa lead the team so they can make those decisions.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:37 pm 
Eerie
Eerie

How is The Invasion 3 even official anymore if it's not leaded by Red_Yoshi or Ignoritus and just by someone other.

Join my forum, reghrhre's here too
In Justice we trust !
Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:54 pm 
Pokey
Pokey

My point isn't even complex and you are permanently failing to comprehend it. For the last time, this 'wrong' view is COMPLETELY irrelevant to the issue. That issue is that the level designer leaders are too overpowered, practically, having the privilege to start the production of an official episode anytime. The way an official episode is determined as one doesn't matter in the slightest. Maybe I'm even failing to understand your message, but what you're saying sounds like the official episode cannot be designed if the level designing leaders cannot contribute to it for whatever reason. You also sound like, those two have stick with their position. The impression I get is that you made them to level designing leaders because they were in lead of NGCA. If this position is never changed, that'd be extremely unfair. So, now to make sure these misunderstandings are cleared, I'm going to list my issues below so you CAN'T even fail to understand what I'm saying:

1. Level designing leaders are too overpowered with the privilege to start an official episode when they'd like.
2. This and the next point might not even exist, because it's my interpretation from what you're saying. The level designing leaders have to contribute to an official episode for it to be started. This is what I interpreted from "Zephyr and krazykoopa might need a break". It sounds like an official episode can't be designed without their contribution.
3. From the same quote, I also interpreted that the level designing leaders cannot be switched out for some reason, because those two HAVE to be a part of an official episode. And even if this works like with moderators (say: demotion and replacement after severe inactivity), it'd still not be fair. Unless the next community episode wilk be something like, NGCA2, where it just makes sense those two are the leaders, they should be switched out accordingly for fairness' sake.

CaptainSyrup wrote:
How is The Invasion 3 even official anymore if it's not leaded by Red_Yoshi or Ignoritus and just by someone other.

While I disagree with that ideal that an episode has to be approved by Redigit personally since he isn't a part of this community anymore, he did have the idea to start TI3 with RedYoshi, making it an official one. RedYoshi passed the privileges over TI3 over to Ignoritus, who then passed it to SM7, who eventually passed it to Raster. It's validly official, from all perspectives.

NNID & Skype: Xx1Kyo (If you're going to send me a friend request in any of those, make sure I can recognize who you are or I'll decline.)
Correct pronouncement of my name: Key - o
<wingedblueyoshi> do you even logic

Since I am an attention-horny pig, I'll advertise my project in my signature from now on.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 pm 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

CaptainSyrup wrote:

Red Yoshi and Redigit were the ones who started the project, and some of their work is still in the current project. Ignoritus or anyone else coordinating it doesn't change that fact.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:12 pm 

I'd say the staff here is in charge of deciding official community episodes now, no?

The argument that 'it has to be endorsed by Redigit' doesn't make much sense anymore as Redigit is long gone. I'd say Joey, as community leader, would probably be in charge of something like that.

But that's just a thought.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next