NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:32 am 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:
also blck_guy Joey meant that if you are an active user and post good levels, they may even "hire" you in the group!

Not quite what I meant.

I was saying that "becoming something in this forum" should be achieved by being a contributing member, not by a position.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:08 pm 
Pokey
Pokey

Speaking of official episodes, will a new one be started after NGCA's completion?

NNID & Skype: Xx1Kyo (If you're going to send me a friend request in any of those, make sure I can recognize who you are or I'll decline.)
Correct pronouncement of my name: Key - o
<wingedblueyoshi> do you even logic

Since I am an attention-horny pig, I'll advertise my project in my signature from now on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:02 pm 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

No idea. I'm sure Zephyr and krazykoopa will want a break.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:48 pm 
Pokey
Pokey

Why'd an official episode have to be made by krazykoopa and/or zephyr?

NNID & Skype: Xx1Kyo (If you're going to send me a friend request in any of those, make sure I can recognize who you are or I'll decline.)

Since I am an attention-horny pig, I'll advertise my project in my signature from now on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:56 pm 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Official episodes are made by the level design team. Zephyr and krazykoopa lead that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:33 pm 
Pokey
Pokey

Is there a reason for that group not seeing any change? I originally thought, once an official episode is in progress, its level designers are put in the respective group. If another official episode is in progress, the team is going to be updated. That's how I expected it to work out.

The fact that the leaders are zephyr and krazykoopa is irrelevant for what I'm going to say now. Tell me a reason why those two HAVE to contribute to an official episode for it to be one. As much as I try to, I can't think of a reason why those two have to be a part of an official episode because they coincidentally worked on an episode you declared as official. Giving them the power to start an official episode is kinda biased and unfair. You can't call it official or a community episode if it's working out like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:38 pm 
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

In fact, to be honest, I don't exactly like the staff suddenly declaring an episode to be more official than other episodes. You could make the argument that TNCGA is a remake of an official episode, but what's next? Return to Yoshi's Island?

Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:42 pm 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Kyo, you're looking at this as if episodes are deemed official and then those who are designing them are put into the group, and that episodes are only official if krazykoopa and Zephyr are a part of it. It works the other way. Episodes are only official if they're created by the Level Designers group - who is in that group has nothing to do with it.

FanofSMBX, NGCA isn't official because it's a remake ("remake" isn't even really the right word to use here, but that's beside the point), it's official because the Level Designers group is designing it. And what does Return to Yoshi's Island have to do with anything?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:00 am 
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

(I mentioned RTYI because it was the last quasi-official episode)
Why are episodes "official" because a certain person(s) created them? How are they objectively more worthy of being "official"? What does "official" even mean these days? If it means "Joey and co. endorse this", then I think official isn't really the right word.
I'm fine with episodes getting a nod (see: featured episode), but I disagree both with how you term that and how you make the criteria for it.

Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:10 am 
Pokey
Pokey

Joey wrote:
Kyo, you're looking at this as if episodes are deemed official and then those who are designing them are put into the group, and that episodes are only official if krazykoopa and Zephyr are a part of it. It works the other way. Episodes are only official if they're created by the Level Designers group - who is in that group has nothing to do with it.

I'm well aware of that. But that doesn't answer my question at all. You said "I'm sure Zephyr and krazykoopa will want a break.". Theoretically you're saying those two have to be a part of an official episode, because "Official episodes are made by the level design team. Zephyr and krazykoopa lead that.". My question is, why is an official episode started when those two feel like? They do have the power to start an official episode at any time, because they are leaders of the Level designing team? Why are they still leaders after their episode is finished and have privileges like that because NGCA's been made official? That's what I'm talking about. The leader of the level designing group should be changed once the old community episode ends and a new one starts, unless that one is an episode that HAS to be lead by the previous leaders. The leaders of the level designing group should NOT have the privilege to start an official episode whenever they feel like. This should be determined by the community, as it's an official community episode, and the leader should always be changed to the one who's the most suitable user for the job of leading the new episode. That makes much more sense and is much more fair than the current system.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next