NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:33 pm 
Ninji
Ninji

CaptainSyrup wrote:
Can we have this locked now i think we all know this stuff won't be added so why have a discussion anymore and like i said Crygor didn't post into this for a while anyway. I request it locked.

Yeah, me too.

Spoiler: show

I support:

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<Quill> "Let it go." Anna says as Elsa cums

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:06 pm 
Ripper II
Ripper II

Joey wrote:
Yes, they're annoying to me, so I'm not going to implement them.

since when are you the entire community

if the majority wants it implemented, implement it. You know, you can forbid those spammy games like "Last Person to Reply Wins!" and "Counting to 1 trillion", right? Make a authorization thread, where members post their ideas for a forum game. If it gets approved, they can make the forum game. If not, they can't make it. (Well they can, but it should get locked since it wasn't approved)

And if you want it so people can't earn posts in said forum, just disable postcount for that forum. Hell, you could make it -1 if you wanted to. (<- not sure if that's possible in phpbb)

or you can just ignore me like many times before, i really don't give a shit at this point

Join me and Gohan's forum!
Click here to join!

IRC Quotes
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

<Legend-tony980> GhostHawk, what is a bot?
<GhostBot> a user without a soul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:11 pm 
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

sleepy wrote:
Joey wrote:
Yes, they're annoying to me, so I'm not going to implement them.

since when are you the entire community

if the majority wants it implemented, implement it. You know, you can forbid those spammy games like "Last Person to Reply Wins!" and "Counting to 1 trillion", right? Make a authorization thread, where members post their ideas for a forum game. If it gets approved, they can make the forum game. If not, they can't make it. (Well they can, but it should get locked since it wasn't approved)

And if you want it so people can't earn posts in said forum, just disable postcount for that forum. Hell, you could make it -1 if you wanted to. (<- not sure if that's possible in phpbb)

or you can just ignore me like many times before, i really don't give a shit at this point

This is what I suggested before. Joey, as a staff member it is your job to listen to what the community wants. If people are saying they want forum games, that it might be time to consider implementing them. Forum games like Mafia can be pretty intelligent and non-spammy. People would be happy if you let them organize their own, I think.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:13 pm 
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Quote:
as a staff member it is your job to listen to what the community wants

Only a minority wants forum games from what I've seen. That doesn't mean the entire community wants them. Not to mention many of our users don't know what's best for this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:32 pm 
Eerie
Eerie

Okay. Here's my take since I am extremely persuasive. I even persuaded my grandpa to watch My Little Pony.

Joey, I don't see why you shouldn't add forum games just because it seems like Raster and you are the only main people who aren't cool with them. It is also selfish to say "I don't support the idea so I'm not adding them". You could easily make a forum game regulation thread and also make a forum game approval thread. Have a user say a topic like Corrupt a Wish, and then you or another administrator could say "yes I'm cool with that" or "no it would be too spammy". Of course, too, don't forget to disable post count. So anyhow, what I'm trying to say is we have the Mario game, SMBX, so why not have forum games? It's as simple as going to the administrator control panel, adding a new board named Forum Games, changing the description, going to advanced settings, saying "no post count" or whatever, making two stickied threads: Forum Game Rules and Forum Game Approval, and halleluiah. Also, SMBX: Revived's system was neat. Have a "Forum Game Player" usergroup and make the Forum Games board only visible to the group.

Anyways, yes, that's what I have to say. Still, Joey, don't feel like you have to add Forum Games, but note that if you do add them, it would be good to most users in the community and while you may not be cool with it, it's your forum and the userbase should be your main focus. And yes, even though I do one hundred percent say you listen to the forum, things like a board requiring strict rules and an extra usergroup is ridiculous not to listen to. So yeah, if you add the forum games board, the worst case scenario would be adding stricter rules for that board and the "worster" worst case scenario would be deleting the board altogether.

That's my take, though. Do what you feel. I'm pretty sure this sums it up, though, so if you say no, I request this to be locked but since I'm a normal user and I can't really request things like that, can I?

You can't ever be as agile as a plumber.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

elitalianoverde wrote:
Yeah no one was more depressed than Kep, believe me, I also was a little sad, but i've managed to get my post count back.

Even these days, one month later, still people here consider me a posting *****.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:19 pm 
Ninji
Ninji

Kep wrote:
Okay. Here's my take since I am extremely persuasive. I even persuaded my grandpa to watch My Little Pony.

Joey, I don't see why you shouldn't add forum games just because it seems like Raster and you are the only main people who aren't cool with them. It is also selfish to say "I don't support the idea so I'm not adding them". You could easily make a forum game regulation thread and also make a forum game approval thread. Have a user say a topic like Corrupt a Wish, and then you or another administrator could say "yes I'm cool with that" or "no it would be too spammy". Of course, too, don't forget to disable post count. So anyhow, what I'm trying to say is we have the Mario game, SMBX, so why not have forum games? It's as simple as going to the administrator control panel, adding a new board named Forum Games, changing the description, going to advanced settings, saying "no post count" or whatever, making two stickied threads: Forum Game Rules and Forum Game Approval, and halleluiah. Also, SMBX: Revived's system was neat. Have a "Forum Game Player" usergroup and make the Forum Games board only visible to the group.

Anyways, yes, that's what I have to say. Still, Joey, don't feel like you have to add Forum Games, but note that if you do add them, it would be good to most users in the community and while you may not be cool with it, it's your forum and the userbase should be your main focus. And yes, even though I do one hundred percent say you listen to the forum, things like a board requiring strict rules and an extra usergroup is ridiculous not to listen to. So yeah, if you add the forum games board, the worst case scenario would be adding stricter rules for that board and the "worster" worst case scenario would be deleting the board altogether.

That's my take, though. Do what you feel. I'm pretty sure this sums it up, though, so if you say no, I request this to be locked but since I'm a normal user and I can't really request things like that, can I?

I agree with this.
But, it's not going to happen because Joey doesn't say anything else but "no" on the subject matter.

I support:

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<Quill> "Let it go." Anna says as Elsa cums

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:28 pm 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Forum games bring nothing to the forum. The community does not benefit at all if they're there. If you really want to corrupt a wish or spontaneously combust the user above you, do it somewhere else.

(if you have a suggestion for a large scale "forum game" such as Mafia, let me know)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6