NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:35 pm 
Goomba
Goomba

Hey there, my first post here. I had SMBX on my old computer and am working on an episode now.
The problem is, I'm trying to have multiple paths from my start space - the final battle takes place there and it's supposed to unlock the bottom path. I want only the right path to be visible.
The reason I can't have a pipe or other warp to check your stars on the bottom path is because the final battle is unlocked with a number of stars - but doesn't give any stars itself.
Is there a way to do this?
TL;DR I need a way so that only one path from my start space is unlocked at first.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:55 pm 
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Can you make the bottom spaw be unlocked with a unique exit?

Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:56 pm 
Goomba
Goomba

I tried making the bottom be unlocked by an SMB2 Boss exit (which is the ending to the final battle) but it still shows up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:53 am 
Grinder
Grinder

You have to put a level with a ✔ on "start game" and with a path that leads to the level of the final battle.

I discovered what's castlewars' CC8 level's name by saying random things.
I am a member on reghrhre's forum. I support that, so I put a link.
Below other links of forums I support.
Knux's forum
SMBXtreme forum
<m4sterbr0s>But yeah, some people on the forums need to mature more.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:17 am 
Grinder
Grinder

You know, if I recall correctly, any paths that you start off at the beginning of the game automaticly opens up the path for you, no matter on which direction and/or how many of them are connected. You have to put your path on the first actual level instead of the starting point.

My YouTube Channel ~ bossedit8

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:27 am 
Rex
Rex

You can work around that problem.

First you need to put a level (that looks like the path-GFX you are using) bitween the actual first level (that is 1 - 1 for example) and the level, that is meant to start your episode (like mario's house). Then you tag it as "start level", so you will start on that level, which opens the path to the real startlevel (marios house) and the first level (level 1 - 1). This makes it able to hide a secret in the first levels (marios house and level 1 - 1), without getting them opened automatically by SMBX.
Sorry if i explained it bad, but i really don't know, how to explain that better. But for an example, you could check out the worldmap of my project in the editor for that trick.

愛している、ビアンカ!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:40 am 
Goomba
Goomba

Sednaiur wrote:
You can work around that problem.

First you need to put a level (that looks like the path-GFX you are using) bitween the actual first level (that is 1 - 1 for example) and the level, that is meant to start your episode (like mario's house). Then you tag it as "start level", so you will start on that level, which opens the path to the real startlevel (marios house) and the first level (level 1 - 1). This makes it able to hide a secret in the first levels (marios house and level 1 - 1), without getting them opened automatically by SMBX.
Sorry if i explained it bad, but i really don't know, how to explain that better. But for an example, you could check out the worldmap of my project in the editor for that trick.

I think I understand what you're saying. Put a "START" space before Mario's House?
EDIT: Since it's the final battle (which leads to the credits), is it actually possible at all to have an exit from the level? I do make the player collect an SMB2 boss ball thing but I'm not sure if it's possible to unlock anything after that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:00 pm 
Rex
Rex

Janj wrote:
I think I understand what you're saying. Put a "START" space before Mario's House?
EDIT: Since it's the final battle (which leads to the credits), is it actually possible at all to have an exit from the level? I do make the player collect an SMB2 boss ball thing but I'm not sure if it's possible to unlock anything after that.

I hope this helps you a bit(please ignore the misplaced SMB2-scenes there, as i have replaced the original scenes of SMBX):

About the other thing, i don't understand what you mean, sorry :-/.

愛している、ビアンカ!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:48 pm 
Goomba
Goomba

I got that map part, thanks :P
What I mean is, is it possible to have a different exit after beating the game? What I have is where you get an SMB2 ball, which leads to a "Bowser Defeated" event. On the map, I have the bottom path set to open if the SMB2 ball is collected. Will it actually open or not? Because after beating the game, it goes directly to the credits.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:52 pm 
Grinder
Grinder

No, by "Bowser Defeated" Event it only leads you to the Credits and not letting you open up pathways for you even if you collect a Goal NPC. "Bowser Defeated" is only necessary if you are at the end of the game and/or something you want to trigger to let's you to the Credits (outro.lvl).

My YouTube Channel ~ bossedit8