NOTE: You are browsing an archive of the Super Mario Bros. X forums from July 21, 2014.

Super Mario Bros. X Forums

Forums for SMBX
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:22 am 
Grinder
Grinder

Well, during SMBX Online while Testing a Level, mostly time it can be either really buggy and sometimes it can also crash the entire SMBX just for that. Better edit a level instead of playtest as well.

My YouTube Channel ~ bossedit8

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:48 pm 
Ripper II
Ripper II

Location: Missä luulisit? - Як ти гадаєш? - ¿Qué te parece? - Was denkst du? - Qu'en penses-tu? - Cosa pensi?
DarkMatt wrote:
==Share custom graphics with the people connecting to your server. They'll show up on the host's end, but not on your partners'. At least, to my knowledge this is not possible; no one has extensively tested this AS FAR AS I KNOW.

Well, while making a level with MECHDRAGON777, he has found that if you put the custom graphics in your graphic folder of your SMBX, you will be able to see the custom gfx. Of course, you'll have to back-up the folder or like me just unpack SMBX 1.3 again and put the custom graphics in the corresponding folders within the graphics folder. So blocks in blocks, backgrounds in the background, etc. At first it'll seem as though it didn't work but just place the graphics within the level window and you'll see...

I'm borrowing it if you must know

"Tu peux pas test!"
"I only lost yesterday, ya know..."
"Sorry for my bad english, me vale."
"Yoshi is a power-up and nothing more."
"Escupiendo en Español desde la madre patria!"
"Say no to racism! Every village has their idiot."
"Per loro che crede che io sia davvero italiano: io non sono!"
"...further proving my theory that dinosaurs + drugs = teleportation powers!"
"Wenn der arktische Winter erscheint, suche nach Arktos, es ist die richtige Wahl"
"Apple Flavoured Poison Candy! If the candy itself doesn't kill you, don't worry, the stick's poison too!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:09 am 
Ripper II
Ripper II

elitalianoverde wrote:
DarkMatt wrote:
==Share custom graphics with the people connecting to your server. They'll show up on the host's end, but not on your partners'. At least, to my knowledge this is not possible; no one has extensively tested this AS FAR AS I KNOW.

Well, while making a level with MECHDRAGON777, he has found that if you put the custom graphics in your graphic folder of your SMBX, you will be able to see the custom gfx. Of course, you'll have to back-up the folder or like me just unpack SMBX 1.3 again and put the custom graphics in the corresponding folders within the graphics folder. So blocks in blocks, backgrounds in the background, etc. At first it'll seem as though it didn't work but just place the graphics within the level window and you'll see...

Beat me to it, yea, if you put your custom graphics in the main folder, you should not have any custom graphic issues!

Support
Supporter of Mario Adventures - Arrival on Gensokyo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:26 pm 
Goomba
Goomba

Are there plans to add online functionality without the level editor?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:48 pm 
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

JustMondo wrote:
Are there plans to add online functionality without the level editor?

SMBX's development was ceased in late 2010. There are no plans for any new features in the game at any point in the future, and the game's creator, Redigit, has long moved on to other projects (namely Terraria). Sorry to break the news. Online will be like this forever.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:43 am 
Goomba
Goomba

Yeah I was aware the original creator has left; that's a bummer, but the games source code is in the hands of who? I'd be happy to fund or get something started to hire the right people for this project. I myself code and model a bit, thou modeling won't be useful in a game with sprites. This game in my opinion is the best 2D Mario game period, it has endless potential.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:01 am 
Grinder
Grinder

JustMondo wrote:
Yeah I was aware the original creator has left; that's a bummer, but the games source code is in the hands of who?

In the hands of anyone. Maybe apart Redigit.

I discovered what's castlewars' CC8 level's name by saying random things.
I am a member on reghrhre's forum. I support that, so I put a link.
Below other links of forums I support.
Knux's forum
SMBXtreme forum
<m4sterbr0s>But yeah, some people on the forums need to mature more.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:59 pm 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

No, Christian, that's not true.

JustMondo wrote:
Yeah I was aware the original creator has left; that's a bummer, but the games source code is in the hands of who? I'd be happy to fund or get something started to hire the right people for this project. I myself code and model a bit, thou modeling won't be useful in a game with sprites. This game in my opinion is the best 2D Mario game period, it has endless potential.

The only person that ever had the source code was Redigit, and he refused to ever give it out. Nobody knows what he's done with the code - he very well may have deleted it, but I doubt that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:54 pm 
Goomba
Goomba

I assume he is unwilling to give it to anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:01 pm 
Ripper II
Ripper II

Location: Missä luulisit? - Як ти гадаєш? - ¿Qué te parece? - Was denkst du? - Qu'en penses-tu? - Cosa pensi?
JustMondo wrote:
I assume he is unwilling to give it to anyone?

Has been unwilling since the game was cancelled...

I'm borrowing it if you must know

"Tu peux pas test!"
"I only lost yesterday, ya know..."
"Sorry for my bad english, me vale."
"Yoshi is a power-up and nothing more."
"Escupiendo en Español desde la madre patria!"
"Say no to racism! Every village has their idiot."
"Per loro che crede che io sia davvero italiano: io non sono!"
"...further proving my theory that dinosaurs + drugs = teleportation powers!"
"Wenn der arktische Winter erscheint, suche nach Arktos, es ist die richtige Wahl"
"Apple Flavoured Poison Candy! If the candy itself doesn't kill you, don't worry, the stick's poison too!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next